HdmiPiPro1.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 254
  • HdmiPiPro2.jpg
    HdmiPiPro2.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 280
  • HdmiPiProGetStarted.jpg
    HdmiPiProGetStarted.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 270
I have an IanCanada Streamer that I recently and finally assembled. FiFoPi Q3, Reclocker, SinePi, and a TransportPi, and it all sounds great except that I noticed a tick sound whenever something is playing at 192 khz. Any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen?

Do you have the tick sound at the moment of switching tracks between 192KHz, or meanwhile playing 192KHz music?

Ian

Stopping by to post my new Q7/HDMI Pro setup. I had recently purchased the Transport Digi and liked it so much, I had to try the newest boards that just became available. I'm feeding my D70 DAC with the Transport Digi in my bedroom and Pontus II in the living room with the new setup. Both via IIS.

I've been a Pi/Volumio/Moode/etc user for a few years but just used the USB on the Pi. These have been a real nice upgrade, more than I expected. I'm no expert on this stuff, but even if you're not all about the numbers and specs, they sure do sound good. Really fun to put together.

Attachments

• PXL_20220928_225533883.jpg
    PXL_20220928_225533883.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 343
  • PXL_20220928_225337696.jpg
    PXL_20220928_225337696.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 343
  • PXL_20220928_225108259.jpg
    PXL_20220928_225108259.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 356
  • PXL_20220928_225353307.jpg
    PXL_20220928_225353307.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 351
  • PXL_20220928_225054764.jpg
    PXL_20220928_225054764.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 346
Reactions: 1 user
Stopping by to post my new Q7/HDMI Pro setup. I had recently purchased the Transport Digi and liked it so much, I had to try the newest boards that just became available. I'm feeding my D70 DAC with the Transport Digi in my bedroom and Pontus II in the living room with the new setup. Both via IIS.

I've been a Pi/Volumio/Moode/etc user for a few years but just used the USB on the Pi. These have been a real nice upgrade, more than I expected. I'm no expert on this stuff, but even if you're not all about the numbers and specs, they sure do sound good. Really fun to put together.
Your projects look so great! You did a good job. Congratulations!
I made a lot of efforts on FifoPi Q7 and HdmiPi Pro trying to get so far the best possible signal quality. That's what I expect.

Regards,
Ian

Nice looking rigs you have there. Great job. I've been using Ian's platform for several years now, and they really are a joy to work with and build whatever type of DAC/Streamer you desire. I just upgraded to the Q7 myself and enjoying the music even more.

Nice looking rigs you have there. Great job. I've been using Ian's platform for several years now, and they really are a joy to work with and build whatever type of DAC/Streamer you desire. I just upgraded to the Q7 myself and enjoying the music even more.
Thanks! I'm mostly a vintage-restoration/homebuild kind of guy outside of the newer DACs, so I really enjoy these products as opposed to buying an off-the-shelf streamer and getting what are really inferior results. I actually work for Emotiva, so I get to drag home those goodies for my living room, otherwise wouldn't be able to swing the big surround processor. But I don't personally get into home theater that much. It's fun to have in the house, but just as happy with my 2ch rigs for the most part. I prefer dragging in crusty, neglected gear, like that Van Alstine FET/12ax7 preamp pictured, and getting them going again rather than buying new. The longer I work "in the industry", for whatever that is worth, the more I find myself looking outside of the traditional HiFi market to find unique products that really deliver with good value. I have no reservations about recommending these products to folks looking for the same.

I have analog gear as well, but have found I'm listening to digital most of the time. I like to build and tinker, and have found Ian's products provide a variety of cool, digital 'building blocks', that provide outstanding performance. He's a real innovator with this stuff. Can you tell I'm a big fan? :) Of course, I blame roon for feeding my music gear habits these days. ;)