Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

@weust
So cut a square and drill 3 holes like in this picture with yellow marking?

IMG_20240604_141216.jpg

Yes, though it would be nicer to have a round hole for the rotary, since it already has it's own fastener.
I don't own the MonitorPi yet myself, but is the top of the display the same height as the rotary, not the shaft, the part where the fastener is max turned down too.
Having a separate opening for the display would be nicer.

Reactions: 1 user
Not the same height unfortunately

View attachment 1318078
I would go for this “measurement”. I used that when cutting a hole for my MonitorPi pro.
I did it in 6mm acrylic with a laser cutter and was therefore able to cut the shape of the encoder as a hole.
It will also be possible with a CNC in metal. You just have a radius on the slot made for the two taps at the encoder.

Are you to cut the hole by hand by your self or to have it professionally made on a CNC or similar?

I also removed the encoder to a second location. The location of the encoder on the monitor pi pro limit the size and type of volume button and to me doesn’t look very good.

Here's how the hole looks like (I am waiting for a replacement monitorpi pro. The ESS controller is temporarily):

Attachments

• IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3695.jpeg
    IMG_3695.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3418.jpeg
    IMG_3418.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 87
@iancanada I am in a email conversation with Giastras for a potted toroidal transfomers.
One 6V and two 9V secondary windings.
But he is asking me for the minimal Amp requirement.

The LinearPi MkII manual doesn't mention this at all. I can only find a max because of the 2.5A to 3A fuse that is used.
Could you, or anyone else, shed some light on this, please?

The linearPi will only draw a maximum of 2,5A (depending on the load attached to the linearPi of course, but a max of 2.5A) even if you but a 100A in front it. The 3A fuse is there if any unwanted case like a short or loaded with excess amount of current, would happen. If you used a 2,5a fuse instead, that fuse would blow when you pulling the max out of the linearPi. This fuse will always have to be slightly bigger.

It is always good practice to have a fuse in front of the transformer at the 230v primary side. Remember that you are at 230v and the current will be much lower.

Last edited: