Bigbottle Phonostage Builders thread.

Toroidal

Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to receive my toroidal transformer today. Exactly what I ordered - 70 VA wound onto 100 VA core, with electrostatic shield between primary and secondary windings. Not potted, but won't be necessary as I will be putting it into its own housing, so that I can use it for any of the BB boards I will have eventually.

However I still don't have the latest PCB unfortunately - our wonderful enlightened government is running the place reminiscent of the old East Germany currently. Telling us when we may exercise (6am to 9am, what we may and may not buy (no alcohol or cigarettes may be sold, all restaurants are closed to sit-down customers though they may deliver phone-in orders), not allowing e-commerce to deliver if it is not an essential item (though electronic games, consoles are allowed) meaning I can not even order stand-offs for my PCBs much less components etc. Also a curfew from 9pm to 5am. No receiving or sending of international parcels are allowed if it is not an essential item. Major frustration.

But hey, I have enough other stuff to keep me busy in the interim. Here's a picture of the trafo.
Kevin

Attachments

• BB MC-MM Toroidal.JPG
    BB MC-MM Toroidal.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 268
Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to receive my toroidal transformer today. Exactly what I ordered - 70 VA wound onto 100 VA core, with electrostatic shield between primary and secondary windings. Not potted, but won't be necessary as I will be putting it into its own housing, so that I can use it for any of the BB boards I will have eventually.

However I still don't have the latest PCB unfortunately - our wonderful enlightened government is running the place reminiscent of the old East Germany currently. Telling us when we may exercise (6am to 9am, what we may and may not buy (no alcohol or cigarettes may be sold, all restaurants are closed to sit-down customers though they may deliver phone-in orders), not allowing e-commerce to deliver if it is not an essential item (though electronic games, consoles are allowed) meaning I can not even order stand-offs for my PCBs much less components etc. Also a curfew from 9pm to 5am. No receiving or sending of international parcels are allowed if it is not an essential item. Major frustration.

But hey, I have enough other stuff to keep me busy in the interim. Here's a picture of the trafo.
Kevin
Great stuff....hopefully there is some movement soon

If you wanted you could omit the relays, just have to link two holes on each side.
Regarding the relays...So the wires go where the white stripes are?
For MM only you can omit the fets, Q2L &R, plus R7L &R, R8L &R, R4P and C3P.
I can't find R4P and C3P in the BOM nor on the PCB.

Attachments

• InkedIMG20200515154027_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG20200515154027_LI.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 233
Regarding the relays...So the wires go where the white stripes are?

I can't find R4P and C3P in the BOM nor on the PCB.

You passed the test!
Seriously though, apologies as my annotated schematic hadn't 'quite' caught up with the Mk3.
They are R13P and C10P.

For the links count the stripe hole as 1, then link holes 3 and 4 on each side.

O O O-O O
O O O-O O