Can someone send to me the Elso's latest clock schematics (version6)? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kenev said:
Guido,

As I said in the above message, I 'm not a digital electronics expert. Unfortunately, I cannot explain the subject, it's just a guess. Maybe, Elso, who has designed the clock, could explain it further.

Hi

besides from extremes, it is not the clock, but the receiving end (DAC) which could bennefit from symmetry. However, most, if not all DACs convert at either the positive or negative slope.

I'm little disappointed.. :xeye:

I do that Elso's clock and my frend test that and compare with PLL1708 chip. (He workin Nokia and can uses that kind of instrument what need for measure.)

Maybe my clock have something wrong or PLL1708 is better for low jitter solutions. All else is ok but too much jitter. PLL1708 give about 42-55pS and my Elso's give 200-300pS. What is approximately what I get also CS8416. :whazzat:
My makeshift is that PLL1708 and looks like now I use that..

But have any one else compare these? :confused:

(I don't have more accurate result but I trust my frend who do high frequency measurements every day.)

Yes.. I use good quality components..

I have never seen Elso mentioning any data of his clock so if the ocsillator is equally good/bad as a plain reciever IC it's still not false marketing. The main thing is that the oscillator "sounds" better, regardless of numbers.

A more developed pcb would most likely improve things.

Maybe Elso should get some help from the real digital expert around here, Mr. H? :idea:

hatyri said:
I'm little disappointed.. :xeye:

I do that Elso's clock and my frend test that and compare with PLL1708 chip. (He workin Nokia and can uses that kind of instrument what need for measure.)

Maybe my clock have something wrong or PLL1708 is better for low jitter solutions. All else is ok but too much jitter. PLL1708 give about 42-55pS and my Elso's give 200-300pS. What is approximately what I get also CS8416. :whazzat:
My makeshift is that PLL1708 and looks like now I use that..

But have any one else compare these? :confused:

(I don't have more accurate result but I trust my frend who do high frequency measurements every day.)

Yes.. I use good quality components..
Hi Hatyri,
I am afraid there is something wrong with your measurement setup.
Sjerko Piersma tested his version of the KWAK-CLOCK with the U310 instead of J309 and mearured about 8-9ps jitter 3-Sigma.

Now, not that I am worried about measurements regarding the overwhelming positive response on my clock.
Also there is the issue of the jitter spectrum.

:rolleyes:

Hi Elso

Yes, of course: single or dual supply. I was just countering another answer and so wanted to point out the single supply function.

Here is my latest pcb, working very good in a Marantz CD-40.

Kind regards
Franz

Attachments

• kwak_pcb_rev_5.gif
    kwak_pcb_rev_5.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 2,396
BTW:

My next project, a external DAC with tube output, will be based on this Classé 1 enclosure with the original psu (the original dac board has burned out...).

Here, I find primary traces 4 to 5 mm away from the groundplane. And: originally, the middle pin of the IEC connector, the earth, is hanging in the air, not connected at all!

But: still a very nice base to build a own DAC. 10mm alu frontplate and very nice finish at all.

Franz

Attachments

• classe_psu.jpg
    classe_psu.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,081
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.