DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi meanie,

Could you repost these also. Sorry to be a pain!!

27th October 2021, 04:43 AM #2521

Click the image to open in full size.

For those using JLsound direct without registers, here is my configuration.
Last edited by meanie; 27th October 2021 at 04:46 AM.

Also I'm reading about sallen key filters (like here: https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/filter/sallen-key-filter.html)

Miro, in #2738 you gave 3 options for sallen key filters. If I understand correctly, two of these are set up for unity gain and config 1 has a gain factor of 1.6. I understand that cf = cutoff frequency, but what do Qf and Df mean? can you give us a quick description of what these three configurations might look and sound like in application?

I am guessing that config 1 will suppress ultrasonic imaging the most but with the most noticeable HF rolloff approaching 20khz, while config 3 might have a more natural rolloff in the audible frequencies but allow more +20khz artifacts?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thanks meanie, I went back into the thread and yes they were there. I usually download pics from the "enhanced print view" and insert them into a word doc for later use ( since I am new and very slow in building). The ones in the "epw", were just 4 blocks, so I could not open them, hence I copied from the actual thread. No worries.

MM

Hello Miro!

I built an I2S switch but it doesn't work.
In my opinion, the attached modifications are necessary, the modifications according to the drawing allow the channel to be changed.

Hi.
tistvan2

Attachments

• i2s_switch.png
    i2s_switch.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 290
@tistvan2
You are correct, what a mistake :D Thank you for warning.
Pin 8 of IC4 can be lifted and connected to the GND with 10k resistor and R3 will be shorted.

Here is the corrected PCB.

Attachments

• diyAudio_I2S-Inputs-Selector_Schematic_corrected.jpg
    diyAudio_I2S-Inputs-Selector_Schematic_corrected.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 610
  • diyAudio_I2S-Inputs-Selector_corrected_2021-12-04.zip
    465.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Regarding the I/V opa, I see Iggy and plenty of other fine folks discussing options and I think I will be trying the ADA4627 opa's first.

Question: The ADA4627 comes with suffix options ARZ/BRZ, [none]/R7/RL. I can't figure out what these suffixes mean by looking at the datasheets. It looks like the biggest distinction between A-B is the voltage input offset between 70uv and 120 uv. Which suffix of this op amp do I want?

Also it appears that none of the fresh new op amps are produced in DIP8 packages. Is it industry standard that all the new stuff is SOIC and smaller?

The power supply should not be too loose, nor too tight in regulation. John Curl told me it needs to dance with the music, if it makes any sense to speak in such language. I think John meant he thinks moderate regulation sounds better for some circuits.

Under 120mA pulse load it has some voltage dance.
In comparison the 7812 regulator under the same load is pretty clean :D

Attachments

• 7812_Pulse_Load.jpg
    7812_Pulse_Load.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 219
  • HPA-1_PSU_sim.jpg
    HPA-1_PSU_sim.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 215
Ask for help someone experienced. It works just like when you don't have the skills to repair a car, you can ask someone you know he has the experience.
... or you can learn the experience, it takes time - and of course fooling yourself is necessary during the learning process :)

Last edited: