DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I reached the limit of 10000 characters in the first post and I am unable to continue with further editing.
There will be an article functionality: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...limited-to-10k-characters.380937/post-6888196

For now, this link is holding the updated first post:
https://electrodac.blogspot.com/p/dac-ad1862-almost-tht-i2s-input-nos-r.html
Hello Miro,
Excellent effort on editing the first post. The electrodac link looks great.
Also, could you please comment on adding Bluetooth to your 1862 dac design?
hope this holiday season you and family are safe and happy

Colleagues, I apologize for not immediately guessing, to transfer the output stabilizers under the DAC from Miro, I did it as in the photo. But if anyone else will order the boards, here's a more correct option. And do not forget to read a note from the developer, with a recommendation for capacitors.

1.JPG

1640402047973.jpg

1640402048058.jpg
1640402048147.jpg

There are also boards for a different, also very high-quality shunt-regulator, from Nazar, if I need to post it, but I also need to tweak the pot DAC boards from Miro

Iirc I perhaps talked here about Nazaar fast reg LM317 based...simple and elegant design...fast transcient, could be perfect with styren radial caps 0,1 uF from Lcr at Farnell shop or red Mkp from wima or blue Ero Roe for smoother sound.

Thanks fornthe gerber...pretty little nice pcb.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Sparkfun looks like a good site. I’ll get some of the adapters and their headers. Not sure if the pins are machined , description doesn’t say
Thanks Vunce
Can you solder a socket to the dac pcb in the opamp location to make it easier to swap out opamps. Using a soic to dip adapter soldered to header pins. Then just change the whole assembly out to “roll” a different opamp? Is this advisable?

Sparkfun looks like a good site. I’ll get some of the adapters and their headers. Not sure if the pins are machined , description doesn’t say

Can you solder a socket to the dac pcb in the opamp location to make it easier to swap out opamps. Using a soic to dip adapter soldered to header pins. Then just change the whole assembly out to “roll” a different opamp? Is this advisable?
This is what I did. There is a photo a few pages back

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hey, missed you all

I'm nearly finished with my build. I've got my op amps on tallish standoffs because that's what fit together. Is 17mm high enough to cause parasitic problems and oscillation, or do you think I'm ok?
View attachment 1003659
Tony,
I can’t find lt3015 opamp in an smd package
What did you use or where did you get them?
Thanks

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Most parts for my 1862 dac have been ordered. One of the last details is the transformer. I’m looking for a high quality 115vac 30w/2x12 R core preferably made in the USA. I’m not stuck on a USA supplier but want a high quality piece. What have you folks used and recommend?
thanks

I was a stinker and did not follow the advice that was given to me, I'm using Antek 0512 transformers and to me they sound great. Inexpensive too.

Like I said, I am interested in trying R cores. Will probably built up a second version of this DAC a little differently
Sounding great is what it should be, so you made the right decision.

I'm using an R-Core transform for the , but will be using a Antek transformer for Pedja Rogic's Discrete Diamond Non-Feedback I/V stage. I'm sure that I would not hear a difference between transformers.