DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Mkp10 - 15mm, mkp2-5mm. I'm couldn't find mkp2. Do you think electrolyte will be better instead cap in that case?
I'm just going by the list . Do you know about four diodes? - their location?
I suspect u must be referring to D9,10,11,12

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_164233.jpg
    IMG_20220402_164233.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: 1 user
I do not know as you have not given the shematic. I answer from memory. All is marked on the board and BOM. You will see you can not put a 1 cm spacing radial mkp in a 5 mm vias area on the pcb.
There is a shematic of the Psu1...have you lokked at it ? 4 diodes sounds like it is graertz bridge. But there are 8 on the pcb so maybe you speak about protection diodes in reverse position across the regs?
Hope that helps

Edit: @commstech fired before me :)

That's good! I get a two pair 4700uf/25 and 6800uf/25 KG Nichicon. I'll take two more pair KG. They are pretty expensive capacitors!
The only thing you must respest is the cap voltage and it fits on the pcb. And more or less the capacitance, all is on the BOM. Brand and model is less critical for the two big smoothing cap. Voltage rating is. The cap must resist to the traffo voltage output which is around for a classic traffo and such bridge rectifier: the V marked on the traffo secondary x 1.41. So if the traffo is 12 V you need a cap that is >= 16.92V. So the 25V cap is ok :)

You must look at the shematic Miro1362 made. He always gives it with gerbers and the bom. You need to understand what you are doing. And when you are asking to someone you can refer to what is marked on the shematic ...resistors, caps etc are named with a number: r1, r2...c8...etc. It is handy to talk and the designer made the effort to do it.

Epcos is good enough if it stands what I said in my thread before.

Do not excuse, that is ok, we are all enthusiasths here and we help eachothers. But it is easier if one read the whole threads to be understood when asking :)
I was busy looking for parts of PSU in different shops and the choice is minimal. I'm glad I found everything (almost) :D
On the next week should be a finished pcb.
By the way - what kind a thermal pads better fit for 78xx/79xx? I can buy a silicone type and mica type.

I was busy looking for parts of PSU in different shops and the choice is minimal. I'm glad I found everything (almost) :D
On the next week should be a finished pcb.
By the way - what kind a thermal pads better fit for 78xx/79xx? I can buy a silicone type and mica type.
If you are using 12vac transformers, the amount of power needed to be burnt by the regulator ICs are rather small. I would not be overly concerned about the type of thermal pads to use. Either one of the 2 u mentioned will do the job well.

A teaser.

220406 FC CEN IV SMD Proto1 a.JPG

A fully-discrete, all-FET, zero-global-feedback IV converter with built-in Sallen Key filter and output buffer.
Direct plug-in into DIP8 opamp (need to remove Riv and Civ first).

There is also a dual channel version (especially for balanced outputs).
And of course also a through-hole version with much less current limitations.

Will be published in a separate thread, in due course.
But you can see the basic circuit here :
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/zen-i-v-converter.173291/post-6927415

;)

Patrick

Reactions: 7 users
Hi nopants,
I do not remember but this issue and the rigth setting has been discussed in the thread.

@EUVL : does a bjt Zetex would be not more efficient with a current output dac, please ? What about the current noise importance over the voltage one in such discrete oap in tje I/V behavior ?

Reactions: 1 user