DIY Class A/B Amp The "Wolverine" build thread

Joined 2016
Paid Member
1680417768959.png
1680417880278.png

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Gents,

Soem chassis component placement question(s). i've read various posts including the docs in the Wolverine package and I'm not sure how to position the boards and transformers ideally.
I've got 4U 40x30 chassis and my first question is about boards. Do I place left and right upside down like on the pic or frontward backward? Second is the 2 transformers. Can't place them next to eachother as the width doesn't allow me to. Would ontop of eachother the best option or slightly sideways as on the picture?

thx in advance

w.
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-02 at 11.50.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-02 at 11.49.05.jpeg

Only problem with that configuration is that heat dissipation will be a little bit less efficient with the output transistors on the upper part of the heat sink. But I understood that with these large heat sinks there is no risk of overheating anyway.
I don't remember having seen anyone doing a build with all output transistors facing down. Somebody has pictures and feedback on how that works out?

Yeah...you are right ofcourse Stuart and I did read a lot of them if not all. Its just my let say unsureness (if thats even english) that drives me to ask these questions.
@diyaudiostore > Is there any chance PSU boards V3 will come in soon or do I need to explore other options?

thx

w.

Please, feel free to ask questions, many fellows will surely be glad to help you if you ever will have doubts. As regards the diyaudiostore PSU board V3, I used it some builds ago, it could be fine, but it depends on the caps you're going to use. Indeed that board allows only snap-in caps which can't exceed a given diameter. If you want, you could configure it as a CRC type power supply too.

Gaetano.