DIY Front End 2022

this can help:yes:
1674557387224.png

Offset at the output, need help. I put all measured voltage and current on the schematics.
J113 has a Idss around 25mA, Q1 and Q2 are matched to 0.01mA at 25.5V Vds and 1.5mA. All other components are exactly as in the picture. I don't know if it is normal.

Power supply +/-24VDC

Attachments

• Pass FE 2022.png
    Pass FE 2022.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 520
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks! Zen Mod!

Did you mean to reduce R6 or increase R7?

if DC Offset is positive, that means upper part of OS is more open than lower one
so, there is too much voltage sag across R6

to decrease that voltage, you need to decrease current through LTP

to do that, you need to vary R7 ....... to decrease current, you must increase R7

replace R7 with 270R fixed resistor in series with 100R trimpot, so effective R7 value can be set between 270R to 370R

or leave 330R in situ, add 50R trimpot in series

Reactions: 1 users
if DC Offset is positive, that means upper part of OS is more open than lower one
so, there is too much voltage sag across R6
Could we increase the current of the VAS stage to compensate +offset?
Say we could parallel the Q4?
Maybe not. Q5 cannot handle it.
If we could change to a TO220 Q5?

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Could we increase the current of the VAS stage to compensate +offset?

one can do whatever he want ..... but best from position of someone not needing to ask question as above .......

so, wise to keep OLG figure as Pa arranged it and make changes without messing with same

as I wrote before in this very thread - if you want bigger and sturdier FE stage, go build another one; plenty to choose from, new Stasis FE being first but certainly not only one

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
again, leave R6 as original

when I (unfortunately) mention it, I meant just slight change, not so drastic one; so, best to leave it original, and keep increasing R7 value until you get proper DC offset

in general:
in case of bipolar supply, proper DC offset means 0mV-ish (your case, dual rails, as per link you posted)
in case of single rail supply, then output node must be near rail/2, and we must keep/use output coupling cap

everything as Pa already described