DIY Sony VFET pt 1

My bad.

It is a DPST SW.

But from the schematics and the filter PCB board, it looks that a DPST could work. I might be wrong.

I just checked the PCB, the speaker is short to GND without power.

Attachments

• 20210807_183127.jpg
    20210807_183127.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
This PSU board arranges the relay contacts to be in parallel with the loudspeaker. While the supply voltage is ramping up (@ power-on) or ramping down (@ power-off), Nelson's circuit closes the relay contacts. This means the loudspeaker(+) terminal is shorted to the loudspeaker(-) terminal in both channels, during power-on and power-off events. And of course the relay contacts are also closed, shorting out the loudspeakers, the whole time the amp is turned off.

I think that amplifier (and speaker) outputs are shorted to ground by normally closed relay contacts. On power on the relay opens these contacts after a delay. On power off the relay imiediately shorts the amplifier output to ground again. Do I understand this correctly?

Usually there should be a protection diode across the relay coil, but perhaps not required here?

Hi Nelson, hi all,

is it possible that the "new" filter / psu board from pt2 comes into the store or can you share the gerber files?
Or other asking, makes it sense for the pt1 owner?
''

I'd like the Gerbers for both if Pop is willing, if not, perhaps the store could take an order for both of them if you don't want to publish them? I have enough to build both N&P type and will do so, if the boards are available. :xmastree:

The first two are over, but hints have been made that more goodies are in the pipeline. There will be some option for people that have legit FETs, but we don't know how many, or the details as to boards and chassis. Board alone, or combinations, or when.

I'm sure Jason will post when he and Pop take inventory and come up with a plan on how it will happen. I'd like to know whatever is offered is received in the manner, in which, it was given. Ergo, greedy boyz, build and keep, or donate to friends, family.... something to merit the origin.
JT

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, is any body else waiting for the chassis shipment? I guess Fedex is having some shipments delays. My amp case was shipped from Italy to France, then to Germany and back to France. Not complaining, just a bit of anxiety because I don’t want to start building the electronics until I have all the parts (call it OCD). Thanks

Out of curiosity, is any body else waiting for the chassis shipment? I guess Fedex is having some shipments delays. My amp case was shipped from Italy to France, then to Germany and back to France. Not complaining, just a bit of anxiety because I don’t want to start building the electronics until I have all the parts (call it OCD). Thanks
There are so many threads about these amps, that it’s easy to miss some info or duplicates other.

Apparently, FedEx is touring the cases showing them highlights from Europe before delivering them, and the more, the merrier, there are at least 4 doing the same tour. It was a package deal, apparently! :)

Seriously though, yes, there are others reporting the same. All to the same locations. You are not alone.

Rafa.

After a small holiday in France, my chassis is now in Fort Worth Tx. Kind of a big detour on its way to eastern Canada!