DIY Sony VFETs OS2 Official thread

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
"VFET-less" Round 3 of the DIY Sony VFET is now available in the store:

https://diyaudiostore.com/collections/diy-sony-vfet

All pre-orders and interest checks are open for two weeks.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 3 users
@ Pop... Since these are designed with single die in mind, what would we change to go with say, N Channel 2SK28? I suppose I can look back at the first versions you did and extrapolate, but your input would be appreciated, since you designed them. :)

@Jason... Asked in the other thread, but is 1 a pair of boards or just 1 board, and what does, "parts kit" mean when you purchase it says, 1N channel parts kit."

JT

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
@ Pop... Since these are designed with single die in mind, what would we change to go with say, N Channel 2SK28?

You mean 2sk82? I think this was covered. In the schematic you see two power resistors in series with the Source pin. For the 2 die 2sk82 the resistor to ground is 0 or close to it. The R1 + R2 value is achieved by the resistor on the Source side, making the bias constant current.

:snail:

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
R6 as well :magnify: Thank you ItsAllinMyHead
Definitely - It get's a bit more tricky when the schematics are slightly different. R5 (N channel) has roughly the same function as R6 (P channel) between the two circuits. Similar for R8 / R9. Now that you're looking at the schematics vs. the BoMs, you'll see it all. Either way, to order the parts from a supplier (or check your stash), the vast majority (or all parts except for the VFETs??) are the same for a full build as you've noted. :cheers: