diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I'm unsure on the LED orientation see photo. The arrows point to positive? I've searched the forum for guidance, not no help was found.

Attachments

• LED polarity.jpg
    LED polarity.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 41
Bleeders are nice for safety but not needed really. All the CRC resistors actually cause a saggy supply. They aren't needed for an amp with any PSSR like the Honeybadger. Snubbers are nice to have but not absolutely necessary. Standard diodes aren't as noisy as ultra-fast switching so they are likely a better choice with no snubbers.

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I'm ready to test a HB amp board. I'm pretty sure I've read that it's possible to just test the IPS & VAS first, without the driver transistors installed, but I can't seem to find much to confirm that approach? ChatGPT advises against this approach. So I guess I will go ahead and install the remaining transistors.??

Here's the construction tips from earlier in the thread. It is doable and tip C. I believe is what you're looking for. I also attached another list of tips of I have from when I built mine in 2012. Still a great amp! I know it's a long thread but it's a good idea to make the time to read through it for other changes/tips & builder experiences. There's also some other options & changes depending on parts used in this and the other HB thread.

Attachments

• DIYA-AMP -construction-advanced-options.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 95
  • HB - Questions - Modifications.txt
    598 bytes · Views: 75