ExtremA, class-A strikes back?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice paper.... also saw his web site.... good references there but hasnt been updated since 2010. where is he today? [I fear the worse].

Mainly, I am wondering if this concept can be used here for the ExtremA to keep the distortion down when leaving class A.

THx-RNMarsh

No idea, he started teaching the year I came to MIT but I never had cause to take any of his courses.

I fitted components to the PCB according to the simulation model created by BV. Today I could measure how the new circuit works.

Attachments

• ExtemA_prepared_layout.jpg
    ExtemA_prepared_layout.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 491
  • ExtemA_prepared_on_my_desk.jpg
    ExtemA_prepared_on_my_desk.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 482
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I am very curious about results that JMD01 will get from the modified circuit. I believe he will share the results with us.
This is the amplifier built that I have measured and analyzed in Prague and posted some measurements here.

Ah, excellent, if JMD01 is willing to explore other options as well I'd be very interested in seeing the results of the less invasive modifications I've proposed previously.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.