FET-hex explendit amplifier

Idefixes
I think Your 3 pair board is better designed from thermal point of view, the temperature sensor is located between ops transistors. In my case the temperature of bias sensor is approx 5-6 celsius lower than ops transistors.

Ok. I have the ability to mount direct on a output device as i made on BG1-MJL or my Nbip (see attached picture)

Attachments

• P1040144.JPG
    P1040144.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,003
Recommendations for audio amplifier

Hi guys!
I see you have developed a multivariate amplifier.
Which amp would suit me the output MOSFETs and the BJTs tansistors, as we have in the power supply Ucc = +/-(35 ....40)V, Po = 220VA and spekers with impendans 4R.
So give recommended some any of your Amplifier that provides a defined exactly bass!;)
This applies to you, Mr Borys and Mr Indefixes.
Thanks the recommendation.
Cheers!:cheers:

Last edited:
Marc those PC boards design and quality just awesome!:) especially known is all hand crafted:D:D
Congrat..
Today I made the layout for the LatFet version, I have some high power dual diy EXICON and Class D mosfets, I would like to test those to.
I do have a 39-0-39V 600VA transformer for that project.
If your Capmu. work with these topology well I will use that to get some voltage drop for the one pair LatFet.
To replace the BC550/560 high Hfe BJT I still need to look around on the market and also the JFet has to be replaced by BJT.
So the lay out still need some adjustment, not 100% ready.
I separated the SGR from the main GR.
I took some of your idea for the layout, it helped alot - thank you!
Soon I'll start to make the PC boards so I can test all 4 VERSION :eek:
Power BJT
Toshiba
LatFet
Darlington
Greetings Gabor
Hi gaborbela!
Please give show Top brd in pdf (PCB-top) of the amplifier.
Thank you!

Attachments

• VSSA_50_V2_brd.png
    VSSA_50_V2_brd.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:
Ghost22
Bellow version that I am running with 4 or less output pairs.
For 200W I suggest to use 2 pairs of outputs.

BJT:
Do not solder 4 diodes (D1,D4,D5,D6)

Mosfet:
Solder diodes, and replace 2,2r base stoppers with 100R gate resistors.
Some tweak in biasing circuit may be required.

In the picture of my amp there are 2n5xx1 transistos soldered - they are reversed to BCxxx ones. If you need smaller pcb - cutt earth around the board and do not solder the caps next to the o/p transistors. PCB is for 4 pairs, trim the board before for 1,2,3 or 4 pairs before thermotransfer. Amp is very easy to assemble.

For one pair of toshiba mosfets I have build small pcb (removed one driver stage).

Attachments

• BG1.2 v3.png
    BG1.2 v3.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 813
  • BG1.2-bjt maly rozstaw v3.pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 316
  • BG1.2-v3 top.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 300
  • bottom.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 262
  • BG1.2 2.jpg
    BG1.2 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 781
  • BG1 mosfet top.png
    BG1 mosfet top.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 386
  • bg1 mos.jpg
    bg1 mos.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 748
Ghost22
Bellow version that I am running with 4 or less output pairs.
For 200W I suggest to use 2 pairs of outputs.

BJT:
Do not solder 4 diodes (D1,D4,D5,D6)

Mosfet:
Solder diodes, and replace 2,2r base stoppers with 100R gate resistors.
Some tweak in biasing circuit may be required.

In the picture of my amp there are 2n5xx1 transistos soldered - they are reversed to BCxxx ones. If you need smaller pcb - cutt earth around the board and do not solder the caps next to the o/p transistors. PCB is for 4 pairs, trim the board before for 1,2,3 or 4 pairs before thermotransfer. Amp is very easy to assemble.

For one pair of toshiba mosfets I have build small pcb (removed one driver stage).

Hi Borys
Can I use your pcb with one pair 2sc5200/2sa1943.
If could, so can you post this layout in PDF file and Eagle file
Thanks.

The core of the amp is vssa based and this one has good opinion.
What diffrence I found is bottom end is better presented (prapobly due to BJT at output).
The other diffrence I found is the amp without signal is dead quiet.
I think Idefixes was listening this amp bit more than me. I have to finish my speakers first to do proper A and B test. Overal it it very simple and good sounding amp with good kick on bottom end (bjt)