• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy for the Through Hole Folded Cascode CEN IV boards

obh

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Progress has been made.

Boards are here now, and measuring of mosfets has been done. I'll need a bit of time to actually pull matches together and work out some of the background details. But we are moving forward and that is good. Work is a bear at present, so I think it will be another week before I get this moved to the next step
+mosfet for me too (gb2)

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thanks Patrick
1000r and 7v and I'm getting 5mA and VGS 1.993v on my first test.
Should I adjust R to raise the mA or turn up the voltage on my lab PSU to reach 7ma?!

Edit.....used a 1k trimmer as per Fran's manual and now dialled in 7v and 7mA.!

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Do these look something like?

Attachments

• IMG_20221121_190840.jpg
    IMG_20221121_190840.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 97
Many thanks to everyone who has supplied their details so far for GB2. Its really helpful when you send on the details promptly, it is a big help when updating the spreadsheet I use for tracking everything in the background.

If you haven't got around to sending on your paypal, name and shipping address, and indicating if you want mosfets send them on to me sooner rather than later.

Right now I am aiming to send paypal requests towards next weekend.

Fran

General update folks:

@d to the g @ihear21khz @kumori - I don't seem to have contact info for you guys - email, shipping address. Maybe you might drop me a pm with the info.

So today is the closing date for GB1 members to let me know if they want mosfets and most have done so at this point. I will be organising paypal invoices and getting their mosfets ready to ship over the weekend. Once I have that substantially complete, I will issue invoices for GB2 people.

I reckon I have all requests and clarifications now sorted other than the few above.

Hi all,

A short update:

All paypal invoices have now gone out for GB2 including mosfets where requested. Please use family and friends when paying, or add 2e if the system doesn't allow you to do that. The good news is that I have (just) enough mosfets to fill all requests, many thanks to @RickRay for looking after builders on the other side of the big pond.

If you want to check the amount (in case I made a mistake):

Each set of boards = 24e
Each set of mosfets = 12e
Shipping = 9e

I don't have paypal or shipping addresses yet for @kumori and @ihear21khz. The plan here is to get these sent out later in the week, probably Thursday.

fran