Hornresp

whats the lowest freq you can create as a real ‘horn’ (simulation) using horn response with a mouth CSA max of 99,999cm2(I’m assuming that dictates the half wave length of ~316.25 cm/54 hz?)
7 hertz 2Pi
Now that would be fun. If you did the horn properly you could probably live in it too. Hmmmm. :unsure:

Reactions: 3 users
7 hertz 2Pi
Now that would be fun. If you did the horn properly you could probably live in it too. Hmmmm. :unsure:
1717541678460.png

i dunno where to begin? maybe a 'voight pipe' shape with the driver entering down at the presure minimum for the second resonance?

howmuch are you charging for rent in your HORN house? :D

Reactions: 1 users
I know a train tunnel that might get you a .1 hz tone the way the fan system is placed. Also caused the eating of fan clutches and bearings.
Initially the guy in charge of the monitoring system thought it was a measuring problem until they had to accept that the changes in bearing noise was due to periodic pressure change.

Not sure if hornresp can calculate a tuned pipe in the kilometer range.

Reactions: 2 users
What does this input screen look like for this curious monster horn ?
Great minds think alike - my input screen, produced completely independently, is only slightly different to the one posted by Mark :).

The 7 hertz "Megahorn" design has an axial length of 41.11 metres and a mouth diameter of 11.06 metres!

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: 1 users