Iron Pre Essentials Kits For The DIYA Store - Register Your Interest

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
....Judging by the number of beta tests and different board versions, cutting traces to eliminate hum etc, it may not be the easiest board to "get right" WAY above my pay grade!

naah, Blame Murphy ( or Pa) for mishaps

I mean - some were due to me, some due to some wrong data on Edcor site (showing same pinout for 600:15K and 600:600, while it isn't) but package in the end is straightforward

though, if you have some kids around available, you can leave to them to build it, faster and better than we Geezers are able

:clown:

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member

I mean - some were due to me, some due to some wrong data on Edcor site (showing same pinout for 600:15K and 600:600, while it isn't) but package in the end is straightforward

though, if you have some kids around available, you can leave to them to build it, faster and better than we Geezers are able

My point. But you know how to figure it out! Me? I ask you guys, and thanks. Thanks to you guys, I have a wonderful (well, several) setup that I never could have afforded otherwise.
I've been standing on the shoulders of Giants here! Thanks again.

No disrespect intended, With all you mentioned, edcore, etc, at least you guys can figure it out! Moi, I built beta 2016, only had minor problems, which you showed me which traces to cut and whamo it worked.

If I tried to design a board it would be a disaster! Thanks for all! Once in a while I figure something out, like blind squirrel finding occasional nut. That's why I inquired about slagle, I figure it will replace iron pre transformers, but beyond that, this boy is lost!

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member

I have questions to young ones about computers and smart phones, they know them naturally. I know how cigar box works...

Russellc

Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ No worries at all. Much appreciated. I'll take you off the list. If for some reason I goof up and you are still notified when the kits are ready to order, please let us know as quickly as possible that you won't be ordering.

While it's not a 100% certainty, it's a VERY high likelihood that this will be a long-term / permanent addition to the store. So, if you ever go insane again (or actually finish all those other projects), kits will be most likely be available in the future. ;) We have a number of options for critical contingency parts, which is a good thing. Just working out details.

More to come, but it's becoming more and more likely that all members including but not limited to: I WANT IT NOW!, patient, and sanity-challenged DIYers will be rewarded.

In all seriousness, for those that are super-excited about the project, order now. However, I'm personally anti-FOMO, and I think it should be mentioned that Jason has been incredibly supportive. It'd be wonderful if everyone that wants to build this great project gets the opportunity. So, we're doing our best to make that happen.

Cheers!

Reactions: 3 users
^ No worries at all. Much appreciated. I'll take you off the list. If for some reason I goof up and you are still notified when the kits are ready to order, please let us know as quickly as possible that you won't be ordering.

While it's not a 100% certainty, it's a VERY high likelihood that this will be a long-term / permanent addition to the store. So, if you ever go insane again (or actually finish all those other projects), kits will be most likely be available in the future. ;) We have a number of options for critical contingency parts, which is a good thing. Just working out details.

More to come, but it's becoming more and more likely that all members including but not limited to: I WANT IT NOW!, patient, and sanity-challenged DIYers will be rewarded.

In all seriousness, for those that are super-excited about the project, order now. However, I'm personally anti-FOMO, and I think it should be mentioned that Jason has been incredibly supportive. It'd be wonderful if everyone that wants to build this great project gets the opportunity. So, we're doing our best to make that happen.

Cheers!
Many thanks. That pre looks great and I really want to build it but.. I really need to slow things down a bit and then maybe get back to it later. Thanks again.