Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

It won't win design awards, based on the appearance.
The baffle around the horn mouth may be functional, but a scaled-up K-402 - matching the size of the bass horn - would be more visually coherent and most likely allow for an even lower xo point.

Or just scale-up the whole system using dual 15" bins + Bertha-esque mouth extension :D

Attachments

• US4210223-drawings-page-2.jpg
    US4210223-drawings-page-2.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 399
  • Bertha.jpg
    Bertha.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 406
Anyone know what that K-693 driver really is?
Is it an Axi-2050 made for Klipsch or something else?

It's the Axi2050 used with an in-throat acoustic lens designed by Roy Delgado in order to improve polars above 6-8 kHz.
Even without the lens you can obtain decent pattern control from the K402 + Axi2050 as demonstrated by Cask05's measurements.

Attachments

• Axi2050_Klipsch_Throat_Adapter_2.png
    Axi2050_Klipsch_Throat_Adapter_2.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 380
  • Axi2050_Klipsch.png
    Axi2050_Klipsch.png
    756.5 KB · Views: 387
  • K-402-MEHhorizonalnormalizedsonogram.jpg
    K-402-MEHhorizonalnormalizedsonogram.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 363
  • CelestionAxi2050JubileeHarmonicDistortionat93dB(1m).jpg
    CelestionAxi2050JubileeHarmonicDistortionat93dB(1m).jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 137
  • CelestionAxi2050onaK-402HornwithJubBassBIn.jpg
    CelestionAxi2050onaK-402HornwithJubBassBIn.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
This is different form the new Jubilee variant. There are lots of PA horns with reflex openings to the outside like the Inlow example. The Jubilee looks as if the reflex openings were radiating into the horn throat (which isn't new either). And it does somehow seem to lack a front chamber.
While I can imagine that it sounds nice I am having difficulties to believe the LF frequency respose specification.

Regards

Charles

Last edited:
This is different form the new Jubilee variant. There are lots of PA horns with reflex openings to the outside like the Inlow example. The Jubilee looks as if the reflex openings were radiating into the horn throat (which isn't new either). And it does somehow seem to lack a front chamber.
While I can imagine that it sounds nice I am having difficulties to believe the LF frequency respose specification.

Regards

Charles

It's indeed different Charles and that's why I mentioned the Inlow horn.

A horn where the cone is not visible from the outside is in my opinion best used for reproduction below approx. 120-150 Hz.
In this regard I agree with Mark Kravchenko.

Perhaps this diagram explains the Jubilee bin.

Attachments

• Multichamber_Horn_Hornresp.png
    Multichamber_Horn_Hornresp.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
It's indeed different Charles and that's why I mentioned the Inlow horn.

A horn where the cone is not visible from the outside is in my opinion best used for reproduction below approx. 120-150 Hz.
In this regard I agree with Mark Kravchenko.

Perhaps this diagram explains the Jubilee bin.

I built 8 x 15" for PA use about 25 years ago, based on a discussion I had with the late Steve Hewlett of Fane Acoustics, the Void Stasys X V2 is also of a similar design principle. I posted the concept on another forum about 12 years ago, somehow Klipsch still managed to get a patent on it.