Miscellaneous designs - Markaudio, Fostex, TB, Dayton, SEAS etc

Hi Scott, I was wondering if you have any unpublished designs of the Alpair 12pw kicking around?

They who ask, shall receive (as time permits ;) ).

Hartebeest MLTL (part of my antelope / bovine series)
Uranus and Portia (which complete my Uranus-system series of classical vented box & DCR alignments for MA units)
Double 12PW vented box

Attachments

• Hartebeest compact MLTL for Alpair 12PW.PNG
    Hartebeest compact MLTL for Alpair 12PW.PNG
    27.9 KB · Views: 355
  • Uranus Alpair 12PW classic DCR.PNG
    Uranus Alpair 12PW classic DCR.PNG
    78.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Portia Alpair 12PW traditional vented box standmount.PNG
    Portia Alpair 12PW traditional vented box standmount.PNG
    93.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Double 12PW.PNG
    Double 12PW.PNG
    40.2 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: 1 user
They who ask, shall receive (as time permits ;) ).

Hartebeest MLTL (part of my antelope / bovine series)
Uranus and Portia (which complete my Uranus-system series of classical vented box & DCR alignments for MA units)
Double 12PW vented box
I want to build a loudspeaker that has been designed by you. I am referring to "perdita" a double chamber reflex. Can change the height and the width keeping the internal volume ? Can I put the port at the front ? And one facing rear and the other the front?
Looking forward to read you soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220308-135902.png
    Screenshot_20220308-135902.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 231
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I want to build a loudspeaker that has been designed by you. I am referring to "perdita" a double chamber reflex. Can change the height and the width keeping the internal volume ? Can I put the port at the front ? And one facing rear and the other the front?
Looking forward to read you soon.
You can do all that, and the alignment wil remain. Other details will change.

dave

Greets!

No and no, just he's normally like most working people in that there's only so many working hours in a day that can be allotted to what is first and foremost a hobby AFAIK.

That said, yes to both, but please understand that each of the changes will in general change how it sounds in room and more specifically where in it each will be located, so not knowing what design considerations he used, can't comment further.

IOW, 'caveat emptor' applies till Scott has time to respond.

Greets!

No and no, just he's normally like most working people in that there's only so many working hours in a day that can be allotted to what is first and foremost a hobby AFAIK.

That said, yes to both, but please understand that each of the changes will in general change how it sounds in room and more specifically where in it each will be located, so not knowing what design considerations he used, can't comment further.

IOW, 'caveat emptor' applies till Scott has time to respond.
Thank you so much. I appreciate the effort of all of you.

What Dave and GM said; apologies, I missed the post as I've been busy recently & also fighting off a virus. Poor observation & inadequate time on my part, there's nothing at all wrong with your questions.

Anyway, as has been noted, you can do those; it will shift the behaviour somewhat away from what I was intending but not massively as it's still inherently the same box. The baffle width was selected for the driver's actual behaviour so as-is should be well balanced -that said, if you're going to change it, it's always better for the baffle width to increase than decrease. ;)

Venting is on the rear primarily to minimise any potential flow-noise at higher SPLs; since it's a relatively well damped alignment even with higher amplifier output impedances, it shouldn't have excessive boundary-loading issues even quite close to a wall. I assumed they would be reasonably close & what it does pick up should be beneficial rather than otherwise in the majority of conditions (very high output impedance amplifiers & corner positioning notwithstanding). However, as noted you can locate the ducts on the front if you wish, providing you're OK with the potential compromise at higher SPLs.

No Covid, etc., or flu, just my near perennial allergies, sinus infections, but not worried as the greater metro Atlanta area [outside the perimeter] has been much more a 'herd immunity' area, so have fared far better than most.

Got that right! And our early Spring mixed with the occasional overnight drops into the low 20s-teens has been devastating to our Roses, etc. and especially our/my very mature trees, so lots of damaged/destroyed homes, vehicles, some injuries/deaths, though thankfully none recently I know of in my locale, but the debris! I can't keep up, though now with a few ~rain free days will be busy outdoors, so with lunch break over and a fresh coating of Vicks VapoRub to try and collect the pollen that gets past the goggles, face mask, ear protectors, got to get back to it.

Hope you get well soon!