• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My first preamp with tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got my "inMADout" transformer today. Weights in on 2,7kg...(5,95 ib) Looks well made (but i also said that about previous..:D) Made in Italy.

One thing that strikes me is that only one sidecover have plasticwashers and other side doesn't? I heard/read something that you can saturate the transformer if cover have contact with the screws/bolts. Maybe somebody understand better what they thought/how it's working?

Anyone have a thought about the washers?

Anyone have a thought about the washers?

Most of the transformers I've used have at least one bolt that makes electrical contact with the covers/core, and transformers that have an electrostatic screen often have it grounded at one of those bolts, rather than having a separate wire. In all cases, I make sure that the exposed transformer parts are securely grounded to the chassis just for safety's sake.

Just for fun, Italy 155VA vs China 30VA.

Project is going slow, i ran out of solder tin... I've been building a new cinema and 5 new speakers have taking up a lot of time. Next week maybe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 207
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.