• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New, unused AD1862N and AD1865N-J DAC chips

It's always a nice day when the Rochester box arrives.
20220204_121529~2.jpg

As in, use a Miro board as part of your Havana? Or build a standalone dac?

Either way, the Havana pics that I could find look a lot like what folks here aspire to do with Miro's board: a good chip set, decent looking components, seems like a solid power supply, and some thought put into the output stage. There is some intrinsic sound difference between the PCM56P and AD1862 boards I've built and listened to, but tbh if I had a Havana I'd look more at experiments in the output stage than changing the DAC itself. You'd want to do that with a Miro dac anyway.

Thanks to a suggestion by @diyiggy I was able to order through Digikey, so have a few more but this will be my last batch - work has been extremely busy.

This should work in Europe also - someone there should run a group buy and save folks the USPS fees (chips have to go as an international package due to the thickness of the envelope).

Last edited: