• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Headphone Amplifier GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
186 now. We are probably going to eclipse the 200 mark, which is an incredibly achievement. Can't wait to hear the reactions once the units are built!

You think YOU can't wait... imagine what it's like for the guy who designed the thing! :confused: For me it's like getting up in front of an audience of 200+ people for the first time, who have spent $40+ each to attend, and wondering if they'll even enjoy my performance.

An interesting data point: The lone O2 in the wild--a point-to-point DIY build in Australia, was just compared using $1000 LCD-2 headphones to the high-end AMB beta22 amp. I haven't seen his comments personally, but considering most would be biased towards hearing significant differences given the massive difference in price and complexity of the two amps, it's encouraging he reported:

"any differences I heard were small, and may very well have been my imagination."

An O2 built on a proper PCB with proper ground routing etc. should perform even better.

Two more O2's (based on my own proto PCBs) should be in the hands of some serious headphone fans this coming week. They can hopefully offer more feedback before the group buy is closed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.