Official M2 schematic

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK , considering it's typo , there is still hope to become .......... one thinking in engineering way

(perfectly OK with me , considering that I'm also never going to became one :rofl: )

you got the recipe how to cure output offset , now just find proper value for adequate resistor position

keep it up to 30mV , either pos. or neg.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
mine goes damn good down , considering that I have 15" Tann from all way down (to up ) , with Beyma 15" helper (OB , referenced few posts up)

though , my M2 is dual mono , properly wired , 250VA Donut with 4x33mF per channel

I build my M2 with dual mono too and I had the opportunity to compare it with an original from late permaneder and it was clear that this is a way to have much more power in the bass.

I have not been able to tear myself away from this amplifier long enough to do any A/B comparisons but I do want to say something about this amp. I have built 4 of the Firstwatt clones and I am loving this amp like none of the rest. This is one seriously good amp. Last year I also built 3 SET's and one Pentode amp but as I have said I cannot take time away from listening to it to do any comparisons.

It may be that I love the sound of an SET with my speakers. If you like the SET sound this amp will appeal to you.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• bacikosku.gif
    bacikosku.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 706
  • tworats.gif
    tworats.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 698
  • oldtimer.gif
    oldtimer.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 705
  • smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 712
But being an unofficial adopted son he was one of lucky few that were able to build this amp until now. The rest of us had to wait years to see the schematic or be fortunate to have the funds to buy a commercially built one. I agree that it is hard for me to understand how Nelson could discontinue production of this amp. I bow again to his generosity.