Official M2 schematic

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well,I'm still trying to make distinction between mV and MV , even if I'm less often having contact with later

;)

which outputs you're using ?

regarding offset - everything up to 30mV (either +/-) is practically nothing , which means OK

do not bother with normal fluctuations , resulting from change in temp. , because of open/closed lid

Joined 2003
Paid Member
well,I'm still trying to make distinction between mV and MV , even if I'm less often having contact with later

;)

which outputs you're using ?

regarding offset - everything up to 30mV (either +/-) is practically nothing , which means OK

do not bother with normal fluctuations , resulting from change in temp. , because of open/closed lid

I'm using the ones in Tea's group buy, this, IRFP240PBF Vishay Semiconductors | Mouser

And a NOS Harris IRFP9240 that tea is supplying for his group buy.

Russellc

My M2 displays some hum with speaker sensitivities >100Db or so.

Room treatments for headphone users

Nelson has made the comment that a slight amount of hum might be present because of the input transformers. At least I think I remember reading this in the past. I have LaScala's and mine is quite but it probably depends on your horns sensitivity. You may try shielding the input transformers or maybe checking your grounding scheme.

I awoke this morning with anticipation of reading your review of this M2 Russellc and was disappointed earlier by not seeing anything but I guess you were too busy listening last night to bother posting anything. I understand. This amp has reached the top of my FW builds as well.

Just a foot note about my 85mv dc offset. I replaced R6 47K resistor with 42.9K resistor and zero'ed my offset without a problem. I had to series a 39K and 3.9K because that is all I had. I did it without removing boards but future builders would be wise to leave R6 and R7 proud of the boards with some extra leads where it will not be a big problem replacing resistors. I sealed it up this morning as well.