Papa’s slot loaded open baffle version #2

Still dialing in the biamp 6-24, but the fast8 and the 4018lf are very good. Thank you again for all the help! Not the cleanest build but sounding better than any of my expectations.
IMG-5974.jpg
IMG-5975.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Hi gang - I built a pair of SLOBs last year (with a lot of help from this thread), and an ACN too, and love the setup. Does anyone know values I would use to recreate @wg45 's graciously provided crossover values via miniDSP? Looking at his img of the slope (reposted below), I can see the LF has a 12dB slope(?), but that's about as far as I got. About to try and figure it out using Xsim for the first time, but if someone knows offhand what I could enter, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Recently I've acquired a miniDSP SHD and want to spend an afternoon experimenting with everything in the digital domain, hence the post (and want to mess around with Dirac too - thinking I'll attach a large cardboard "box" to the rear of the baffle to try and mitigate the rear wave for measurement purposes? Tried it as-is and I think Dirac got a little confused?)

In my setup I'm running the Definimax 4015LFs, and currently as pictured with a crazy pair of Hark Audio coaxial drivers from the '60s (leather surrounds!), but also have a pair of Lii Fast-8s I can swap in. With the Harks, the midrange is just glorious and anything metallic (ride cymbal, triangle) is spooky real. Sound stage SO MUCH larger w/ the Liis, though. LF powered by a cheap class D, and highs by whatever the current EL84 project happens to be. I CNC'd the baffle so easily swap drivers and just cut additional inserts.

Many thanks for any wisdom-

Pete

Attachments

• slob_peraho.jpeg
    slob_peraho.jpeg
    665.1 KB · Views: 127
  • ACN Updated slope.jpg
    ACN Updated slope.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: 3 users