• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Primrose(SumR Audio) Toroid GB

I was not complaining, I got my invoice and paid a few weeks ago. It was a suggestion to make it easier for those people such as your self to organize these buys and are kind enough to dedicate your time and resources. I was thinking along the lines of some tools integrated into the forum.

Bill

Hi again Buzz.

I'm ready to pull the trigger for this Transformer GB.
But you didn't answered my questions and would like some feedback.

Regards

Hi Buzz

I would like to be part of this Group Buy, but it's hard follow everything in all the 18 pages and can help everyone how doesn't read all pages.

This is what I find at the new Primerose website.

Here my summarized for reading all the 18 pages.

All toroid transformer included:
-electro-static screens
-magnetic bands
-epoxy center
-Primary of your choice:
--Single Primary: 117Vac; 120Vac; 230Vac; or 240Vac
--Dual: 115/230Vac or 120/240Vac
--Universal: (100V, 120V, 220V, 240Vac) or (100V, 115V, 230Vac)
-Dual secondary of same voltage
-Mounting hardware

400VA Toroid transformer:
-65$
-Encapsulated: +29$
-Extra winding +6$
-Normal Size: 119.3mm(4.7") x 56.5mm(2.2") Weight: 3.1Kg(6.8Lbs)
-Encapsulated Size: 133.4mm(5.25") x 39.9mm(2.75") Weight: NA

600VA Toroid Transformer:
-99$
-Encapsulated: +39$
-Extra winding +6$
-Normal Size: 132.5mm(5.2") x 70.7mm(2.8") Weight: 4.8Kg(10.6Lbs)
-Encapsulated Size: 152.4mm(6.0") x 88.9mm(3.5") Weight: NA

800VA Toroid Transformer:
-105$
-Encapsulated: NA
-Extra winding +6$
-Normal Size: 148.1mm(5.8") x 69.3mm(2.7") Weight: 6.1Kg(13.6Lbs)

1000VA Toroid Transformer:
-125$
-Encapsulated: NA
-Extra winding +6$
-Normal Size: 149.3mm(5.9") x 72.4mm(2.8") Weight: 6.6Kg(14.5Lbs)

And the final questions are:
-Did I miss something or everything is accurate.
-Is it the same price for all primary winding.
-Do we have the specified the primary frequency (50/60hz)
-For a choosing secondary voltage, does they come in dual independent winding or centered tapped or both.
-Is the 6$ for extra secondary winding are for single, dual (same voltage) or centered tapped.
-Is the encapsulated can made of aluminum or metal. Some people like to built project with non-magnetic material.

I hope isn't to many questions, but I think it would help some members of what options they have.

PS. Maybe you can post a summarized in the first post to help people how doesn't read all the 18 pages and extend the group buy for a week.

PPS. Sorry for my poor English.

Regards

Joined 2003
Paid Member
All looks good. You know everything I do. I am closing it out this weekend ,as some people have paiid for couple of days now, so if yo are interested, send email to buzzforb@gmail.com

Buzz, I still havent been invoiced yet, and I still cant get my computer to cooperate with the original form. I PM'd you previously with all info, and will again if necessary. In email before last I thought you had all info needed. I will be happy to Pay pal the cost of the transformer, but I do not know shipping and will pay in a seperate pay pal if necessary?

Apologies for the difficulties,

Russsellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
sent invoice to cody russell. Perhaps have the wrong email.

I received a message via email from you telling me you were sending the F-5 parts, but had accidentally deleted my mailing address on the primrose buy. I sent it, but that was the last message I can find in any folder. I will be happy to pay pal the total NOW, and we can figure the rest out later, I'm in no hurray. Total? and payment to same Gmail? (pay pal doesnt seem to have a problem getting $ there at least)

Russellc