Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Ok, have you gotten a sixpack from him? Has Steen? I know I havn't!

.......So why do you keep helping him?

Magura
Just being jaloux hehe nenene :devilr::devily:

better like this than he start messin' around with phone calls
Great idea - Mail me... ;)

Yeah, you're right....whatever keeps him at bay
Jaloux Jaloux Jaloux ...

Originally posted by Zen Mod

............. post pdf of your pcb to all greedy boyz with cookin' missus irons .................
Diptrace can't export into PDF. I surely would like to share... But i don't think any would bother. Actually it's not tested fully yet. !

why switch to open source........ XP is free,too ............
Naughty naughty naughty boy ... shame on y.. ;)

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Steen is sorta hm........

anyway- reason why steen isn't so active on board and on his own bench , is more of physical nature than anything else ;

that's also reason why he didn't already made :Pumpkin: and why that will wait a little ;

he has smaller shoulder injure in accident ; unfortunately - he sorta mixed bunjee jumping and mkng luuuve .....

that resulted in condition in which (even overall in pretty good shape) he isn't exactly able to manouevre with puter mouse ........ and smaller hand tools,so needed in our hobby ;

there is certainly solution for board inactivity - he must switch to open source,where keyboard role is crucial and much greater than in dreky Windrek ........ just one catch- usually adjusting Open Source and learning how to write posts and mails is certainly much longer than pure physical re-condition...... :devilr:

what's to do with hand tools than to wait.........

hehe - all that means that he is still available for phone calls ,in case than any of you need any advice

I would like to order PCB for this preamp i am in no hurry i would like to wait for the reg boards to be done as well, how much will two sets cost, cause i would need two sets to run balanced out to two F4 stereo amps for 2x100w correct?
just got my F4 boards from Peter Daniel the other day
how much would the cost be for two sets shipped to Wisconsin USA?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
arild said:
I would like to order PCB for this preamp i am in no hurry i would like to wait for the reg boards to be done as well, how much will two sets cost, cause i would need two sets to run balanced out to two F4 stereo amps for 2x100w correct?

very soon ; week or two......

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1265981#post1265981

:cool:

Thanks guys for being so passionate:) It helped allready:grouphug:
BTW this is what the Doctor ordered, and that helps too:D
Vinyl, ofcourse;)

:)

Attachments

• doctors_order.jpg
    doctors_order.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 588
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Open Source Pumpkin

as Lykk....... greedy danske boy prooved - Pumpkin is open source....... schematic for main and reg stages ;

what isn't open source is Oly's hard work ; he helped with tweak or two in schmtcs , but his main contribution is in pcb (in this case - really ) ARTwork .......
so for all greedy boyz , to repeat blahblah.......in next week or two package will be ready for sending

anyway - just to quote my self.........

Zen Mod said:

so- my plan is to sell combos in which you can find these goodies:

pcb preamp channel - pcs 2
pcb ± 36V ser/shunt reg - pcs 2
J310 matched pair x 2 (so- 2 + 2)
BC546C matched pair x 2 (so- 2 + 2)
J310 (CCS for led string ) pcs 2
LM336Z-5 - pcs 4
BF245C - pcs 4

all that ( or just ?! ) for 100E

in price is included worldwide shipping

pcbs - two sided ,blue stop lack ,white overlay

I'll not beat anyone with rhytm stick in head to buy it ................

:clown:

arild said:
If! I understand you correctly, you only need one set of boards!! The Pampkin is a "balanced" preamp. Put in a singleended signal, and it will spit out a balanced signal!" Put in a balanced signal, and thats what it will spit out ;) Its the perfect conversion gadget:)
On a totally different note, I have some of the unobtainable Toshiba 2SK369V's, so I have you all racing me and you will never get even near.................he-he-he The 2SK369V's are the finest regarded Toshiba's ever:cool: He-he, just had to say it!
This is all lefthand typing, so please bear with any spelling mistakes....

Re: Open Source Pumpkin

Zen Mod said:
as Lykk....... greedy danske boy prooved - Pumpkin is open source....... schematic for main and reg stages ;

what isn't open source is Oly's hard work ; he helped with tweak or two in schmtcs , but his main contribution is in pcb (in this case - really ) ARTwork .......
so for all greedy boyz , to repeat blahblah.......in next week or two package will be ready for sending

anyway - just to quote my self.........

I'll not beat anyone with rhytm stick in head to buy it ................

:clown:

Ya better recalculate!! I cant beleive that price is adequate. Seriously, its way to cheap, considering the hours you put into this project!! I bet your family suffered along the way, too!! The price you mention is probably just enough to keep you without expences (or maybe even less) I would suggest (to avoid making this thing a total farce!) that you add at least 25 Euros to the price. At least!!! That way, you might be able to ask your nice wife and daughter out for dinner:) Just to make a sort of "payback" They surely deserve that:)
You are way to modest about your work. Sorry about the harsh remark.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: Open Source Pumpkin

steenoe said:

Ya better recalculate!! I cant beleive that price is adequate. Seriously, its way to cheap, considering the hours you put into this project!! I bet your family suffered along the way, too!! The price you mention is probably just enough to keep you without expences (or maybe even less) I would suggest (to avoid making this thing a total farce!) that you add at least 25 Euros to the price. At least!!! That way, you might be able to ask your nice wife and daughter out for dinner:) Just to make a sort of "payback" They surely deserve that:)
You are way to modest about your work. Sorry about the harsh remark.

well , ya know ...........

it was fun ;

it was rewarding ;

it is heavily influenced with Papa's gadgets , or better to say - with his way of thinking,at least with part of his thinking known to us ;

besides that , I have few more things regarding your words in mind ,but it's better to leave that aside .........

I have impression that I constructed this in my way , with my brain ; even if I have even stronger impression that I made nothing else than boiling water, I'm proud - in meaning that I'm satisfied ;

same as with Babelfish J ; I didn't need it then,now I need it maybe even less........ but that was furious fun learning from patient ppl here ...and there ;

great amusement is when someone send me a mail with info that he made his Babelfish......

I hope that same case will be with Pumpkin too ..........

and Brunhilde,too ........... but - that's another story, not spoken yet :clown:

so - I stay with that price ; when all goodies arrive on my bench,I'll maybe (just maybe) increase it for 10 Euros,but nothing more .

and - in any case thank you for your concern

:cheers: