Q17 - an audiophile approach to perfect sound

Github files have been updated for some time now.
Documentation was updated with operation description, alternative parts, construction etc.
Schematic and gerbers for 2 output pair is also available.
As I get more feedback from you, the documentation get better and for this:
A big Thank you !

Regards,
Tibi

Hi David,

Q17 modules that I may offer in this GB will not fit existing 405's.

I have designed such modules, that fit perfectly in existing 405 chassis, but this was designed in Altium and can not be made open-source.
If there is enough interest I'll put in production such modules.
Enough interest mean over 100 ready mounted boards.

image.png

Regards,
Tibi

PS: My daughter is able to hear over 21kHz. No Joke. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Q17 sound far better than existing 405 modules, but will take some time for people to realise this.

I'm 53 and still able to reach 13500Hz.
My daughter can hear clearly the bats and she described their sound like bells. She's also able to hear a buzz made by some electric cars which I'm not able to hear at all.

Regards,
Tibi.

Thanks for the info Tibi. Best just stick to one Group Buy which is what you have going. If you ever make a prototype run of the WILL FIT type, let me know.
I unfortunately cannot hear to 21khz anymore but ultra sonic mosquito and rat "repellents" do irritate me....lol

Hi Ihear!

I am in my EIGHTIES, not talking about highest frequencies that can be heard, but enjoying the music, produced by Tibi's disign, very very much! Just saying....... So give it a try I would say, you will be payed off. I love sound since my seventeenth, especially music, s.a. classical, quires, voices and name your intruments. I think I am not freak, but all amps differ, some for the good, some for the bad.
But after 'some' years of experiance it is easier to distract the better ones.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi David,

Q17 modules that I may offer in this GB will not fit existing 405's.

I have designed such modules, that fit perfectly in existing 405 chassis, but this was designed in Altium and can not be made open-source.

View attachment 1043455

Regards,
Tibi

PS: My daughter is able to hear over 21kHz. No Joke. :)
Please upload design file and Gerber files

Hi Ihear!

I am in my EIGHTIES, not talking about highest frequencies that can be heard, but enjoying the music, produced by Tibi's disign, very very much! Just saying....... So give it a try I would say, you will be payed off. I love sound since my seventeenth, especially music, s.a. classical, quires, voices and name your intruments. I think I am not freak, but all amps differ, some for the good, some for the bad.
But after 'some' years of experiance it is easier to distract the better ones.
Good luck!
I fully agree. It is all about enjoying the music. I am 58 and got the hifi bug when I was in my early teens. Enlightenment only comes after years and countless $$ being spent on "sound". Cheers

Joined 2019
Paid Member
---
---
I'm really interested in the SMD version. I was literally about to push the button on ordering a small batch of the THT boards from JLC PCB when I saw you had the SMD board tucked up your sleeve. But if the GB is any guide at the moment it doesn't look like the SMD version is ever going to get close to the 100 boards minimum.

What's the problem with making the gerbers from the Altium project available to us? Is it copyright with Altium because you're using a 'personal use' version or something? Or copyright with the board itself?

Hello everyone,

After many weeks, I have now finished my latest version of the Q17.
What can I say, it was really worth it. The enclosure is very ideal for the amplifier, even though it has far too large cooling fins.
The transformer turned out small, only 200W, the big ones were sold out. It supplies 2x 30V ~.
What I find impressive is the precision of the amplifier, 38.5mV offset is set on both channels. Sonically it is also ultra accurate, exceptionally natural and with an unshakable quietness.
It is once again a difference from the first Q17.

Regards Tim

Attachments

• DSCN7906.JPG
    DSCN7906.JPG
    549.9 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCN7907.JPG
    DSCN7907.JPG
    618.2 KB · Views: 229
@ed linssen
It must have separate grounds for each channel
Good to know!

I did send a conversation to you with my adress, last Monday, in relation to my question: "Are you willing/able to supply me with the needed 2cs2240/2sa970?" You asked me my adress.
Maybe you missed it?:

I can repeat it here:

:cop: Private info removed.

Thanks Tibi

Last edited by a moderator: