Scryer ... or how F8 met Mighty SissySIT

Correct, the SIT appears to have been the problem.
I luckily got 10 from a dubious source right when the original thread about the K2087C started here. They were obviously pulls from older equipment.
I didn’t spend a lot, and ended up with two pair that have worked for me. Two other lucky forum members got a pair of K2087Cs from me. :santa2:
Yep, thanks a lot 👍

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Apologies for going off script, but I changed out the SIT in the errant channel. :deerman:

Biased up fine. Cooking in now with ~ 180mV across R141. DC offset drifting around less than 10mV. :spin:

Woo hoo!

swell!

that was exactly next step I had on mind - checking/replacing OS parts

!!

:cheers:

(TDV is good, but no direct comparison possible)

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
FABulous! I am enjoying it very much!

I would say that it produces a more detailed sound than the TDV, which I expected due to the distortion profiles shared by you for Scryer and codyt for TDV.

I heard new things in a couple familiar songs earlier today. That’s always a good sign. :cool:

Another win from Zen Mod Labs! Thanks again for the design, boards, kit, and support! I like this amp VERY much. I’d say it’s the happiest medium in presentation between the velvety VFet Lottery amp and the clinical F5 (and I LOVE those amps). :yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
After a few days, the Scryer is doing marvelously well. I have babysitter fans quietly blowing directly onto the chassis sinks so they are just slightly warmer than ambient (they’re 4U 300 from the Store).
A moment ago I tweaked the Iq on one board for a few mV back up to 180mV and adjusted the DC offset back to less than 10mV.
My initial subjective review holds. It’s a lovely sounding machine. :santa2:

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I always thought, it is not so important what parts you use for a good amplifier, but how.
I think, it is inevitable for me to build one. (or two)
As the latest news, Scryer equal to Oracle, so it certainly will know the winning lottery numbers as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Same. I would think it would sound at least somewhat like a Scryer big brother. Maybe ZM knows…. :)

I already told ya - all my amps are sounding the same

I mean, there is such technical limit to express sincerest form of flattery (to Pa, whom else) so in time I got asymptotic to plateau of my cloning abilities

If nothing else, I discovered beauty of naming each of them differently, so avoiding calling them "DIY iteration of xxx Papamp"

:devilr:

Joined 2021
Paid Member
I already told ya - all my amps are sounding the same

I mean, there is such technical limit to express sincerest form of flattery (to Pa, whom else) so in time I got asymptotic to plateau of my cloning abilities

If nothing else, I discovered beauty of naming each of them differently, so avoiding calling them "DIY iteration of xxx Papamp"

:devilr:
So, the only obstacle to bring out new amps is the lack of new names? :rofl: :deerman::Popworm:

To my ears with Iron Pumpkin and Tannoys.
Currently I listen to the SissySit 42 70% of the time, the XA252 (big puck) 20% and the Singing Bush 10%
The SissySit42 and its predecessor in my system the SissySIT ver 1 are more involving. They make you want to tap your feet and just enjoy the music. The big puck 252 may have a bit more detail but lacks the SIT magic and even though the SB is a great SIT amp I don't need 50plus watts.
All have enough detail for me. It's about the magi - the feeling I get when listening I do have a Old Soul and a LuDEF ready for a case and I do have an interest in a Scyer and the XA252 SIT. I have heard the XA25 many times and it is a great amp.

• Thank You
Reactions: 4 users