SlewMaster Builds

finally I see some bias flowing!

hi guys I'm able to adjust the bias I made a small piece of aluminum for the drivers and the medium power transistor that is part of the bias circuit and finally I was able to adjusted to about 24mV "I just leave it like that" but before that I adjust the pot to maximum resistance the I use the light bulb for initial turn on all look fine and check for everything no smoke all normal fuses were fine all good then I continue by removing the light bulb tester and initiate bias adjustment but since I knew that the amp wasn't not oscillating and I risk a cheap speaker to test audio all was fine no distortion and play music good I let the amp to warm up a bit then I remove the load and do final bias adjustment at the beginning I was not getting noting then I check the resistance of the of the trim pot and was 535 ohms "I think I install a 1K pot" then I begin to slowly lower the resistance and I saw the first 7mV then 21mV etc as I was continue adjusting the pot I then realize that was steady and I left it at 23mV then wait for 15 minutes or more that was on on single resistor but I also check a pair of emitter resistor and I was getting correct reading too after a while I notice that the heat sink was getting warm it was not like that the first time I try so that means that the bias was set about right or close and what I did is just to leave it at 24mV idle I think is fine I then reconnected the speaker and play music for a while really nice sound really detail here are my pictures the quick build of the light dim tester and finally the module and is set now to the next power module to install the power transistors :)

supply voltage about 55V DC +/-
audio input my PC
bias adjusted to about 24mV or better say more or less is not perfect

the IPS driver board the Greenamp V1.2 by Ostripper
light bulb cheap and fast :p

I'm not and engineer or experience guy so what I wrote here is just a common user data experience on this build ;) I can say my experience was nice really nice :)

Best Regards
Juan

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    823.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    908 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    726.7 KB · Views: 249
  • set up.JPG
    set up.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I can say my experience was nice really nice :)

Great job Juan! Beautiful build.
Hope you go further on and turn it into a fully built device - this amp deserves a good chassis ;)

Cheers,
Valery

P.S. One more recommendation - OPS power wiring (PSU, binding posts) - it's ok "as is" for a test, but in the real "product", for the best results, you need the wires roughly 5 times "fatter" than the ones in the picture.

Great job Juan! Beautiful build.
Hope you go further on and turn it into a fully built device - this amp deserves a good chassis ;)

Cheers,
Valery

P.S. One more recommendation - OPS power wiring (PSU, binding posts) - it's ok "as is" for a test, but in the real "product", for the best results, you need the wires roughly 5 times "fatter" than the ones in the picture.

thank you Valery yes I got some wires to order question what size gauge? I was thinking 14 gauge for the supply to power boards

oh yes thank you all :)

Last edited:
after so many years finally I will get a complete amp

hi guys I finally after so many years on diyaudio all over the place learning from many designs here I got the chassis that I need for the Slewmaster 5P OPS with the Greenamp IPS circuit V1.2 PCB V1.1 now I can say that for the first time I will have a complete audio amplifier with speaker protection soft-star and one that is missing is the turn on circuit using a 12V halo switch that PCB I need to order I apologize for the bad image photos I was so exited that I took them not thinking about lightning the chassis is from diyaudio. com store Pesante 5U really nice chassis :)

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    847.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    798 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    928.3 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG