Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

and make again loopback measurement, compare this with "clear" loopback. Results should remain unchanged, it should be the same picture as above. According your pictures, connecting input cable shield (so creating ground loop) worsen results more than one order of magnitude, for the same amp.
Do you mean something like this?

Attachments

• 28vrms-1vrms without load.JPG
    28vrms-1vrms without load.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 440
  • like this.JPG
    like this.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Hi Thimios,

Which version of BV's mod did you do? I am trying to get the one attached to work and it won't. Today I built another board to see if maybe I had done something wrong with the first one and still it won't play nice. Would you or anyone have a look at the board and see if it looks like it follows the schematic properly. It may be that I just modified it wrong but I have been over it several times and I just can't find the problem. It sims fine but won't work right for me.

Thanks, Terry

Attachments

• CFA-X mod BV.jpg
    CFA-X mod BV.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 397
  • CFA_XH mod BV clean 6-11.jpg
    CFA_XH mod BV clean 6-11.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 390
I just got my PCB's today from Jason and plan on building a two channel stereo. I got two boards each:

Slewmonster 5P EF3 OPS

CFA-XH IPS

Are you guys running them off of standard dual-polarity (split) supplies?

Can somebody please recommend me a good "bang for your buck" transformer. It will be driving some Klipsch Heresy's so I don't need a lot of output power, they are 100 watt max, 94db, 8 ohm speakers.

Thanks

I just got my PCB's today from Jason and plan on building a two channel stereo. I got two boards each:

Slewmonster 5P EF3 OPS

CFA-XH IPS

Are you guys running them off of standard dual-polarity (split) supplies?

Can somebody please recommend me a good "bang for your buck" transformer. It will be driving some Klipsch Heresy's so I don't need a lot of output power, they are 100 watt max, 94db, 8 ohm speakers.

Thanks

I have one of these.
400VA Antek Power Transformers An 4234 | eBay
Pretty good bang for the buck. Will give you +-50V rails. The amp will run fine on that.

Hi Thimios,

Which version of BV's mod did you do? I am trying to get the one attached to work and it won't. Today I built another board to see if maybe I had done something wrong with the first one and still it won't play nice. Would you or anyone have a look at the board and see if it looks like it follows the schematic properly. It may be that I just modified it wrong but I have been over it several times and I just can't find the problem. It sims fine but won't work right for me.

Thanks, Terry
Hi Terry
My last modification is according to pdf on post 2974.

Thimios, I suppose (I hope..) you are using 24bit regime in measurments. And use ASIO.
I will examine this soon ,i will try to find these adjustments in ARTA software.
Yes ,24bit
ASIO?
PS.This loop test ASIO used.

Attachments

• 24bit.JPG
    24bit.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 377
  • ASIO.JPG
    ASIO.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 356
  • ASIO LOOP.JPG
    ASIO LOOP.JPG