• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SymAsym - The Sequel, AAK's PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

So far I've received emails from 4 members requesting one of the five options

I need everybody who hasn't yet emailed me to do so with your option request ASAP.

Here are the options.

Option 1: PCB with no components. $13.47/brd

Option 2: PCB plus the three components not available at Mouser.

Option 3: PCB plus matched transistors including the output transistors and input Jfets. Seven matched pairs in all per amp.

Option 4: PCB plus matched output transistors.

Option 5: PCB plus all the components minus the power transformer, and main heatsink.

Don't worry about matching transistor cost for the moment or any parts cost. I'll figure it all out once I know how many components I need to buy.

Keep in mind that if you purchase the components from me, you will save money. You'll save in shipping cost, and there could be some component discounts since I'll be buying in bulk. You will also save if you allow me to match the OTs or all the transistors since you would have to purchase extra components to match 7 pairs per amp.

Regards,

Al

Last edited:
Hi tomes,

You can use the 2sk1530/2sj201. But you will have to change the base stop resistors (R8,R9,R42,R43) from 220 - 470 ohms to prevent the amp from oscillating. I used 220 ohms without any problems. The Vbe multiplier resistor R34 may require some adjusting since the mosfet Vgs ranges from 0.8v to 2.8v.

Regards,

Al

Hi All,

So far I've received emails from 11 members (47 boards) with their option request. Seven members have not yet emailed me with their request. If you still want to be part of this GB you need to email me with your option request as soon as you can.

With a confirmed count of 47 boards I'm going to start cranking out the numbers and start requesting payments via Paypal within the next couple days lasting probably to the end of next week to get them all out.

Here are the options. The GB is still open.

Option 1: PCB with no components. $13.47/brd

Option 2: PCB plus the three components not available at Mouser.

Option 3: PCB plus matched transistors including the output transistors and input Jfets. Seven matched pairs in all per amp.

Option 4: PCB plus matched output transistors.

Option 5: PCB plus all the components minus the power transformer, and main heatsink. Includes seven matched pairs per amp.

Regards,

Al

Order update

Hi All,

I've been sending payment request this week, I'm about half way done. I'm currently crunching the numbers for members that ordered option 5, and for those that had special requests. Turns out that prices at Mouser are constantly changing, as well as their stock that has made things just a bit more difficult. I hoping to get the remaining payment request out within the next few days.

I'm still taking orders for this group buy. For those interested I've added the thread link that started the madness last year, and the builders thread.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/154717-my-new-symasym-pcb-design-rev_1-3-a.html

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...uel-aaks-pcb-builders-thread.html#post2054804

Best regards,

Al

Al,

I'm looking forward to my notification. Don't overlook providing you mailing address. Your "goodies" are matched and waiting.

For anyone who is considering these boards and undecided, I completed the most recent version. Following the instructions provided and support offered, it biased up and operated on the first try...dumb luck on my part...however, it is a sweet amp that has found a place in my system...I'm going back for more.

Last edited:
Order update.

Hi All,

All payment request have gone out to a total of 18 members. Ten have payed so far covering 36 boards. If you have not paid try to make payment as soon as you can so that I can move forward with the GB. If you have any questions about the cost or anything please let me know.

Below is a list of those that I sent payment request to. If I left anybody out, or if your on the list but didn't receive a payment request please let me know.

evette, 10 boards
Ryssen, 2 boards
ncc, 2 boards
RKH, 4 boards
pchw, 4
Ferrari, 8 boards
leadfinger, 5 boards
Presbel, 4 boards
Johngalt47, 4 boards
Benh, 4 boards
Psymo, 2 boards
CeeVee, 2 boards
Jack C, 2 boards
FAA, 2 boards
vegges, 2 boards
gusto142, 4 boards
Acidbrain, 2 boards
lpm76 2, boards

The GB is still open for those interested.

Ed, John N. I have not forgotten about you.

Best Regards,

Al

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.