TABAQ TL for Tangband

Bjorn..

I'd like to thanks for such an incredible design and willing to share it with us.
the speaker sounds so good and Precise, the bass is fantastic....

made it based on Tabaq 2020, with speaker Peerless 830987 with BSC 1mh + 5ohm.

Tabaq 1.jpg
Tabaq 2.jpg

Last edited:
I tested the walls in our apartment and they are relatively straight. Therefore, I have been thinking a while about “bolting” the front baffle of a speaker in the corner formed by two walls.

I read this thread and internet and have not found any actual implementation, still the comments that corner loading increases bass, so maybe I will need to tweak, or just omit, the bsc circuit.

I do have some 10F 8414 from Scan Speak. These are 4”, have an Fs of 100Hz and Qts of 0.51.

I looked at the attached pdf and the dimensions could work well. I can manage the 128cm2 with an internal width of 16cm (16x16/2 = 128cm2).
Is it better to have the opening pointing to the front, or can it point to the floor (or maybe ceiling)?

Many thanks!
Erik

Attachments

• TABAQ 2020.pdf
    125.2 KB · Views: 149
If you place the vent to the floor, because you have the enclosures mounted on a corner, it will look like a flared up vent, and dimensions will need to be simulated and changed accordingly.

If aimed at the ceiling, then no problem. Unless you put them on the ceiling instead of on the floor. Remember to flip the design upside down, so the driver will be much lower, but you could hang them higher and have the driver fire up at ear level.

Erik de Best

You could make the port "external" or make a foot with a similar geoemtry. Please take a look at the image enclosed.

By making corner speaker, you will probably have to add some more stuffing, you can test to see what works. The problem might be a dominated bass, which can be controlled by suffimg. By adding more stuffing you will also have an even better conrol of the displacement (cone movement) resuling in a clean bass and sound in general.

Have fun!

Regards
Bjørn

Attachments

• Prototype.jpg
    Prototype.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 419
On the right is one of my first pair of TABAQ from 2018. I didn't have a car back then, so I couldn't buy sheet material locally & instead paid an online wood shop to cut the MDF & deliver it to me. The quality of the cuts was awful, but they sounded fine.

Now that I have my driving license & my first car, I can buy sheet material from my local DIY superstore & they just happen to sell 0.81m long sheets which will fit in my (small) car & are just long enough to make TABAQ with! So to continue practicing my very beginner woodwork skills I've made one replacement TABAQ & will perhaps start on the second one next week.

I have some black bolts on order to replace the silver ones with, so they blend in with the black of the driver's basket better.

Attachments

• PXL_20210114_124722639.jpg
    PXL_20210114_124722639.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 389
  • PXL_20210114_124909698.jpg
    PXL_20210114_124909698.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 385
hi Guys again,
i know it might be silly question for most of You but could you explain in the simplest way wires connections from terminal -> notch filter -> speakers?

all the notch filter wires are connected parallely -its easy.
notch to speakers in series, so + speaker to - filter and -speaker to + filter.

What about terminals? + Filter to - terminal?

regards

Last edited: