TABAQ TL for Tangband

Hi gents.

Congrats to users who builded this DIY!

I just wondering if anyone has used Fostex FE103En http://loudspeakerfreaks.com/datasheets/fostex/FE103En.pdf

May be this specs of FE103En doesn't match with the conclosure's TABAQ?

The Fs parameters are 87 hz to 22 khz, how Fb tuned are in the enclosure?

Bjørn can you simulate this for me, please?

It is more expensive I know that, but its response frecuency is good IMHO.

Regards.

Account Closed
Joined 2008
Used with typical zero feedback triode amp or pentode with modest local feedback with Zout between 3 and 5 ohm the effective Qes will go up and so the Qts at around 0.45-0.5.
Taking a typical SS amp with vert low Zout and adding a resistor in series doesn't appear to be equivalent and quite some power is wasted to heat the resistor.....

Are you planning to use a tweeter with that Hivi?
FR drops right after 7kHz... Most reviews use it for near field computer speakers which the TABAQs are not, usually.

Parts-express mentions 0.88 Qts. Having tried the TC9 (which has similar specs as that Hivi) in a TABAQ, I'd say that's too high. Sound was good, but no bass.

Summary: no bass and no highs... doesn't look like a winner to me.

No worries.

I'd look into some near field designs for that driver. Could even build a minimal and unintrusive 5.1 surround system with a bunch of them around your sitting position. That'd be cool!

Good luck!

Thanks...yes, that is what the plan was originally. But, living space is not a 5.1 type space at present. Looking for up against the wall FR (or with high passed tweeter) like this or an iBIB. Ot a Cornru would be cool. Not too handy with HornResp...yet.

But, I think the Qts is too high for horns. I guess these are to be relegated to near field desk speakers at this point.

Has anyone experimented with using the Tectonic TEBM65C20F 3.5" BMR?

The spec sheet is here if anyone with access could do a simulation.

https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/297-2156--hibm65c20f-8-data-sheet.pdf

I would like to do a small slender tower like the TABAQ for these drivers.

Thanks

Build it according to the original Tabaq plans if you already have the drivers.
2 things....
Bass around 100hz seems quite prominent with this driver in Tabaq.
The huge 10dB drop in SPL around 2KHz.

They do have the advantage of being cheap.