• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Talema are from Digikey. Depending on your voltage requirements, a 15VA and 18vac should cover most preamp needs (unless you want to drive 0dB gain amps and need to hit 25ws) in which case you need the higher 22vac rated ones. A 15VA 18v ubir like this will be fine as a standard preamp.

70044K Talema Group LLC | Transformers | DigiKey

Bite that Antek 10VA or 25VA can work too. Just need to wire them correctly and check diameter to see if they fit.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
The linked one is 10 VA -- it's 55mmx55mm. The Pins are 50.8mm XY

Will the board fit bigger Talemas? like 60x60? THe pins are 55.8 mm XY

I'd like to use it for an F4.

Hi BigE,
Yes the 60x60 fit, the Talema 70065k will be just what you need.
Mouser does not stock the Talema’s, Digikey for that.

Check out my earlier post#228, it has important additional information for all builders.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The 10uF Silmic II for $0.35 presents an extreme value threshold. That is, not sure if you will be able to hear much of a difference with caps cost 100x more. I use it as the main audio input coupling caps on many amps and can’t complain. Vunce is right though, to get yourself going and making sound, use what’s available linethe 10uF Silmic and upgrade later.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I re-loaded the Mouser cart, Let’s try this again:

Mouser Electronics

Hi X,
Please modify the link to the Yarra cart, again:-( SORRY!!

I just updated post 1 to this cart link. I think the problem might be that the cart is not “locked” - people can modify it and click “save cart”. What people need to do is to “order” the cart, not modify or save it.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hello All,
Unfortunately, the Mouser Yarra cart is a living entity and keeps getting altered. Parts are being added and deleted. At the moment, I would use it with a careful eye on the actual parts list to make sure your own order is correct.
I did have the best intentions with putting together this parts cart to help with ordering, but I fear that it’s causing some headaches. I do apologize if this is the case :confused:

Best regards,
Vunce