• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Corrected title and added total.

Default Interest in Yarra case
xrk971 - 1 case - USA
JPS64 - 1 case - USA
gary s - 1 case - Australia
Vunce - 1 case - USA
windwardmt - 1 case - USA
TungstenAudio - 1 case - USA
Meanie - 1 case - Singapore
Roundtoit - 1 case - USA
mordikai - 1 case - USA
afoor - 1 case - USA
Big E - 1 case - Canada
TboneAK - 1 case - USA
Sampsonite - 1 case - USA
jwjarch - 1 case - USA
batty - 1 case - Australia
MD_Stryker - 1 case - USA
jhofland - 1 case - USA
BEYoung -2 cases - USA (if possible)
ZUM911 - 1 case - Australia
Kokanee - 1 case - Canada
bk856er - 1 case - USA

TOTAL = 22 cases.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I am starting to package the boards for shipment now. Since you sound anxious to start I will send yours first. Will go out in the post tomorrow. Probably 10 to 12 days to get to Oz via USPS 1st Class parcel.

Those Yarra boards are huge. Even snapped along perforations to fold in half requires 8.5in x 11in envelope. I will have to order new bubble mailers - this size is not cheap.

Last edited:
I am starting to package the boards for shipment now. Since you sound anxious to start I will send yours first. Will go out in the post tomorrow. Probably 10 to 12 days to get to Oz via USPS 1st Class parcel.

Those Yarra boards are huge. Even snapped along perforations to fold in half requires 8.5in x 11in envelope. I will have to order new bubble mailers - this size is not cheap.

Are you drop shipping the cases from Italy or from your place?

If it helps, you can ship my boards and case in one package.

Thank you so much, I can pay extra if needed

Hi X, thanks for the update, your comment on the USPS air mail times to Australia are about right for something air mailed from the West Coast. As I notice you are on the US East Coast and looking at tracking for previous air mail shipments, USPS deliver by truck from the east to a west coast departure airport - usually SF in California, and believe me the truck(s) do not go in a straight line and you could easily add another week to the time stated. But we will see how long these take.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Are you drop shipping the cases from Italy or from your place?

If it helps, you can ship my boards and case in one package.

I think the cases will come straight from Italy. We are still waiting for details on how shipping will work from HiFi2000. Thanks for your patience.

@gary s: you might be right but typically 1st Class goes by aircraft via NY as departure and not California. Usually NY to Frankfurt then to Australia. Sometimes it goes to NY to CA to Japan to OZ.

Last edited:
I like the look of these connectors that TboneAK found:

ELECAUDIO ER-107B RCA Jack PTFE Gold Plated 24K (unit) - Audiophonics

Note that they are case mounted. Will they fit the GB case and attach properly to the board, or cause problems?

BigE, I do believe they are the ones JPS64 has spec’d out For the board and chassis. If I remember correctly, there was discussion about them and an alternative option as well. I did some digging via the BOM and it led me that supplier.

JPS64 had mentioned that while he was in China, he would see if he could get a bulk buy organized for a GB. I might just bite the bullet and order them from Audiophonics anyway. I’m getting the urge to pull the trigger on all the carts I have saved, hahaha. :D

xrk971 - 1 case - USA
JPS64 - 1 case - USA
Vunce - 1 case - USA
Roundtoit - 1 case - USA
mordikai - 1 case - USA
afoor - 1 case - USA
Big E - 1 case - Canada
TboneAK - 1 case - USA
jwjarch - 1 case - USA
jhofland - 1 case - USA
bk856er - 1 case - USA
BRN - 1 case - USA

TOTAL = 23 cases.

I am including an extra one with the proper footprint for either the Lorkin or C&K rotary switch at no charge for everyone getting a YARRA. Did you need one separately?

Yes. I have a separate build in the works that would really make it sweet. I’m also interested in getting the Cap-MX regulator if that’s possible. Its a build I was planning before you three got me side tracked with the Melbourne and Yarra.:rofl:

xrk971 - 1 case - USA
JPS64 - 1 case - USA
Vunce - 1 case - USA
Roundtoit - 1 case - USA
mordikai - 1 case - USA
afoor - 1 case - USA
Big E - 1 case - Canada
TboneAK - 1 case - USA
jwjarch - 1 case - USA
jhofland - 1 case - USA
bk856er - 1 case - USA
BRN - 1 case - USA
urien - 1 case - USA

TOTAL = 24 cases

Hello Builders,

after a lots of mails with the really nice guys at HIFI2000, here the offer:
- they´ll add a product at their webside and every customer can order directly complete YARRA chassis for 100€ + 20€ shipping for one chassis (US); for more then one and different location this will de different
- once reached requested 22 chassis (payments received) they´ll start the production.

What do you think about?

JP