Topping PA5 (TPA325X) : Is a modification worth it? ?

Because you are a troll.

Ok, I’ll engage for one additional post as this is rather abrupt. Unlike you I’ve been a good citizen on ASR for quite some time. From my experience peeps usually get away with much more there than that, so a no warning ban for a couple of posts seemed excessive. If it was trolling it was unintentional. For what I said I’ve been called a cheapskate presumably by those who refuse to spend more on a better performing Hypex or Purity build and salivating all over the cheaper PA5 now it’s available, which I find rather hypocritical. I’m done here.

I'm not sure if modifications to the PA5 lead to better sound.

Mamocel I am happy not to have bought a drMorder PCB, because of the delivery problems due to health problems, eg surely a bad calculation on his part at the production and delivery level. In addition your PCBs only function 3 weeks.

Since we have had very little feedback on the PA5; especially concerning the way it sounds, apart from the measurements, here is a first user feedback that I share here:

"PA5 arrived from Aoshida HiFi and I immediately tested it in combination with E50. This is an intermediate report.

1. There is no noise when turning the power on/off and switching the input.
However, if the AC plug is suddenly unplugged while the power is on, noise will be generated for a moment. The noise level isn't high, but this is a bit disappointing.

2. Noise from the speaker when there is no sound cannot be heard even if the ear is in close contact with the speaker unit.

3. In this season, the heat generated by the amplifier case is a little warmer, but in midsummer, the heat generated will be even greater and the slits in the case will be effective. It is a fever situation similar to AIYIMA A07. (In my research, I think the chip used is TPA3255)

4. The volume change of the volume changes linearly and smoothly. The volume change is the same as TP60, PA3, PA3s, etc. Probably the taper A for audio is adopted for the volume pot. I don't feel any gang error.

5. It is pointed out that PA5 has a low gain, but it is not a problem for home use in the test in combination with E50.

6. Regarding the sound quality that is most worrisome, I compared it with PA3s, AO200, A20a, and AIYIMA A07/A04, but PA5 produces a different dimension of sound from these amplifiers.
The energy of the mid-low range, the transparency of the high range, and the resolution are improved. It sounds like an upgraded version of the highly acclaimed MA12070 chip amp. The first thing I felt when I heard the sound of PA5 was the size of the sound stage. When you hear this sound, you are satisfied with the price of PA5. However, how you feel the sound varies from person to person, so please understand it for reference only."

The best way to see what chip it is would be to wipe off the thermal paste.

7DC24C00-D57C-47F9-9EF1-790B9274CC34.png

Amp has been opened, heatsink removed, chip clearly identified by its top marking, buried deep somewhere in the ASR thread.

The chip they used in not the key thing, the implementation details are, and Topping isn't using anything you'll find directly in the datasheets and application notes.
Third time I'm writing this, now boldfacing the important bit.

The statement from JohnY is correct, it won't work with the chip everybody is speculating... and they still do, despite the evidence presented.

The amount of lazyness of people not willing to do some 5 minutes of research on their own is really appalling.
And no, I'm not going to spoon-feed everyone and link to the post with the evidence directly or name the chip. The chip is irrelevant in the end.