TPA3116D2 Amp

Hi,

I should be receiving my board within 1-2 days ;-)

Why is there a thump at start on...we normally see this issue with single ended amp with a big cap on the output...this is a differential amplifier...

The small Sure TPA3110 does have a mute pin, does the TPA3116 have one also ?

BR,
Eric

Attachments

• 3116-131204.jpg
    3116-131204.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 876
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 825
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 824
  • Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 818
Look like a new player has entered the arena:

TPA3116D2Êý×Ö¹¦·Å°å 50w+50w ³¬TA2024 TA2020 TA2021-ÌÔ±¦Íø

The manufacturer of this board claims to have speaker protection and guarantee no pop at turn on. It uses 10uH inductor, not 220.

Regards,

Don't see any speaker protection or pop sensing circuit on the board though. Not that it matters, it looks to me like a significantly better designed board than the YJ one. So I'll give this a go right away.

Thanks for the heads up.

Don't see any speaker protection or pop sensing circuit on the board though. Not that it matters, it looks to me like a significantly better designed board than the YJ one. So I'll give this a go right away.

Thanks for the heads up.

IMHO the origin of the bump is due to the rising voltage of the PSU.
As I ve said before, no bump if I plug the PSU on the board AFTER having powered it on.

The strenght of the bump seems smaller with volume pot removed :confused:

22 uH Shielded square type SMD 12x12x7mm - Sumida CDRH127 or alike

methinks stock ones are nice. unshieled are way cooler indeed but could degrade EMI/performance
Okay, thanks. What about toriods?
Something like this (@14 uH).
I see the YJ board doesn't have the 10µH inductors from the original TI schematic. Is it okay to lower the 22uH on the YJ board somewhat (I'm gonna use 6 ohm speakers)?

PsychoM, nice looking ones ) Unsure if you could solder them in place, they have different footprint and little bigger. Personally I'd stay with shielded though... maybe bullet-shaped pure polished copper caps for'em? :D

Given 10uH for 4Ohm, 22uH for 8Ohm, so for 6 Ohm 14uH is likely ok. I doubt it's very significiant for the sound.

Atm i'm experimenting with NE5532 opamps on a breadboard to create an active crossover.
I have a really good laboratory psu which provides the +-12v.
But with the planned outdoor use i need to get 24v for two tpas and +-12v out of four 6v accus.
I know this has been asked before, but please point me towards the right circuit design.
The very best power efficiency is needed.

I'm sorry for misusing this thread....but somehow this problem is connected to the tpa3116.
I created an own thread for this.
Maybe a more experienced member can provide some help.
I spent several nights on this and grilled a handful of opamps.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/247007-noob-question-virtual-gnd.html

Thanks for the heads up.

You are welcome.

I was wondering too. Usually, speaker protection circuits use relays. I did not see any relay on the board?

Regards,