TPA3116D2 Amp

I have tried several input caps on my red 2.0 board ( without potmeter and 20V mean well smps ). This didn't give the improvement i was hoping for. I have ordered the sure tpa3110 board, because it should be the same chip, with a different outputfilter. The board arrived two days ago and it really does sound better. I am quite happy with the sound now. The high notes of a piano do sound like a piano. Does anyone know what the outputfilter of the sure tpa3110 board is? Can the same filter be used on the 3116 board? On the board itself i cannot find the beads that are in the documentation of the sure boards.

Does anyone know what the outputfilter of the sure tpa3110 board is? Can the same filter be used on the 3116 board? On the board itself i cannot find the beads that are in the documentation of the sure boards.

It's a ferrite bead filter. I can't see them on the published pictures of the board even though they are in the schematic but they might be on the back side. They are tiny (3.2 × 1.6 mm) SMD parts marked L1-L4.

Yes, the same type of filter can, and should, be used on the tpa3116/8 as well. I have long argued that it provides the best audio quality.

Last edited:
This is a picture of the sure board.

Attachments

• 3110.JPG
    3110.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 844
I do not see an opamp on the green board from audiobah. Is that analog input class d design? If so, it probably sound better than digital tpa3116 amps. Anyone can compare the green boards sound with breeeze audio amps sound? Breeze audio can be my next purchase but i think I would like to use bigger heatsink and would like to fix that heatsink something more reliable than adhesive. On green board heatsink seems more than enough for the chip imo but it is not in case.

Allright. I mean is there any modulation on the green board from audiobah? Because the main idea is that less process on signal, less distortion and clearer output signal.

The time domain modulation that is required for class D amps takes places inside the output chip. If it's a class D amp, it has to have this modulation otherwise it is not class D.

I think you're also confused about how distortion occurs in general.

Last edited: