True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Bluetooth for Speakers

Do you think it is possible to find a line or aux out on this and can the BT name be changed ? CSRA64110 Bluetooth V4.2 Mono Power Amplifier Board DC 3.6-5.5V TWS Audio

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220527-200700_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220527-200700_eBay.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 175
Do you think it is possible to find a line or aux out on this and can the BT name be changed ? CSRA64110 Bluetooth V4.2 Mono Power Amplifier Board DC 3.6-5.5V TWS Audio

have a look at this video, it's a different module but the connections should be the same. but I feel happy to have not used CSR in my Bluetooth project...
this is like too much propritory.

I have my eyes on a board on Aliexpress that looks interesting. Search for Nvarcher Bluetooth 5.0 DSP Audio Amplifier Tuning.
Have anybody tried it?
I have received the boards, and it has some cool features. I chatted with the seller and got their version of ACP-workbench sent to my mail. Same software as Acrylic? As soon as you plug the board in the computer it switch to usb sound card mode. The software is responsive and I had no problem to make a correction eq for a pair of headphones I made.
One button to switch between Bluetooth, line in, usb sound. And for a few seconds ago the seller finally told me how to put it in TWS.
Turn of Bluetooth on the iPhone in my case and press the button on the board three seconds on both board at the same time. Then the boards will present themselves as right and left channel.
The fun can begin!
Many questions to be answered, how the eq on one board will affect the other, can it be used to make a two way per board?

Attachments

• AC11363F-1F53-4019-A202-8F1B338458C1.jpeg
    AC11363F-1F53-4019-A202-8F1B338458C1.jpeg
    760.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 1249B20E-E1D0-4A03-8419-17C3F1837510.jpeg
    1249B20E-E1D0-4A03-8419-17C3F1837510.jpeg
    673.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 33CE4771-D5C0-44EC-B751-15379B3E59D1.jpeg
    33CE4771-D5C0-44EC-B751-15379B3E59D1.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 44612012-F835-42B0-90AE-6270D4821A94.jpeg
    44612012-F835-42B0-90AE-6270D4821A94.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 223
  • B8F19694-907C-432F-9BB8-FE0D5EAF2471.jpeg
    B8F19694-907C-432F-9BB8-FE0D5EAF2471.jpeg
    926 KB · Views: 237
  • A373B94F-EB98-4F03-85A2-A845A592227B.jpeg
    A373B94F-EB98-4F03-85A2-A845A592227B.jpeg
    985.2 KB · Views: 275
  • 7B1F65CD-7F0F-4526-88C4-2F6517B32ABE.jpeg
    7B1F65CD-7F0F-4526-88C4-2F6517B32ABE.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 330
Reactions: 1 user
Not to discourage anyone, but man, every time I consider a TWS build I can't help but think "man a wire would be so much cheaper". I guess it depends on your use case but I just can't justify 2x the amps and power equipment
It all depends on the application and requirements. For a fun outdoors speaker you bring to parties, maybe the amp doesn’t need to be the absolute best/expensive?
And to be able to contain everything in a sturdy portable box with wireless connectivity is really nice.
But it will soon be obsolete when this gets widely spread and cheaper. https://www.bluetooth.com/auracast/
With this functionality a full 2.1 setup with wireless sub and everything could be realistic.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have received the boards, and it has some cool features. I chatted with the seller and got their version of ACP-workbench sent to my mail. Same software as Acrylic? As soon as you plug the board in the computer it switch to usb sound card mode. The software is responsive and I had no problem to make a correction eq for a pair of headphones I made.
One button to switch between Bluetooth, line in, usb sound. And for a few seconds ago the seller finally told me how to put it in TWS.
Turn of Bluetooth on the iPhone in my case and press the button on the board three seconds on both board at the same time. Then the boards will present themselves as right and left channel.
The fun can begin!
Many questions to be answered, how the eq on one board will affect the other, can it be used to make a two way per board?
How is the noise ratio ?

It all depends on the application and requirements. For a fun outdoors speaker you bring to parties, maybe the amp doesn’t need to be the absolute best/expensive?
And to be able to contain everything in a sturdy portable box with wireless connectivity is really nice.
But it will soon be obsolete when this gets widely spread and cheaper. https://www.bluetooth.com/auracast/
With this functionality a full 2.1 setup with wireless sub and everything could be realistic.
This is pretty interesting. I will keep my eyes peeled on these developments. Hopefully the DIY market follows up quickly.

The fun can begin!
I have now confirmed that each board have a mono output of left/right on each respective board with a classic, Money from the dark side of the moon. The pan from left to right makes it obvious.
Because playing a system tuning track that literally say righ channel left channel is no sport..
If the dsp only would support processing of the individual outputs/ left/ right then these could have been used as a active crossover for a two way.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Not to discourage anyone, but man, every time I consider a TWS build I can't help but think "man a wire would be so much cheaper". I guess it depends on your use case but I just can't justify 2x the amps and power equipment
The amps cost $15 ea. Many moderate quality speaker cables 8ft long with banana jacks cost about that much if not more. Wire connectivity will always be better than wireless but the big selling point is no clutter of wires for a domestic environment. Without wifey approval, the clutter of a wire or external amp etc may make the whole thing DOA.

Hi XRK,
"Without wifey approval" ----- fully agree..!

Looking at "Auracast" I don't see any benefit or indeed any special fit for this type of application so TWS seems still the way to go.

The issue I see with the TWS/Apt-X plus amp boards is that you still seem to end up with a single amplified channel even though there are two amp channels available on the board. So if you want a two-(or more)-way speaker you are stymied. Or have I read that wrong?

It does seem that the TinySine TSA6014-bluetooth-audio-receiver-tws-aptx would be a building block to get around this with a passive line-level crossover on its output driving separate amplifiers for multi-way.

Last Autumn's project was a modified FoamCore Cornu which has proved very satisfying in that its amazing just how much sound (including bass) you can get out of a little 3 inch TC9FD18. BUT... I still would like a bit more deep bass and a bit more SPL and it would be nice to be able to move the speakers out of the shop into the garden for those sunny afternoons we are all getting thanks to global warming... Hmmm TWS based somethings...?

First move is to find out what the Cornu's are actually doing - so Umik and mini-DSP ordered today to be able to measure and play... Hopefully by then this tread will have grown a bit with some more ideas....

Desire is simple(?) two-way wall-mountable speakers using TC9FD18 (as I have four spare) and a woofer of two (Hmm XSD slot loading..?) for a good bass extension.

Lurking with interest to see where you go...

Don J

The issue I see with the TWS/Apt-X plus amp boards is that you still seem to end up with a single amplified channel even though there are two amp channels available on the board. So if you want a two-(or more)-way speaker you are stymied. Or have I read that wrong?
The single audio channel can be routed via crossovers to all the amp channels. I'm currently using TinySine TS7800B (Apt-X) boards (2 X 50W plus 1 X 100W) in 3-way speakers. Each board has the same crossover network which divides the single audio channel into woofer, mid and tweeter outputs.

Reactions: 1 user