What the heck? It's less than lunch!

SG (signal ground) and PG (power ground) must meet. But it's best they meet where the SG wire comes into the board (the via hole for the 1/8 jack or wire from RCA's). Pin 8 & 9 should not be connected near each other.

The SG should run from it's input to pin 9, and not be mixed with PG to get there. PG then can be a copper pour underneath whatever it'll fit under and connect to pin 8.

It will take some work, because that layout isn't very close.

Did you see the board you can get from me? It does require 21v smps, 24v battery, or 23-24v linear power. (I have great PSU board that's been going with it for linear)

EyZXr8K.jpg

Nice looking board!:D

SG (signal ground) and PG (power ground) must meet. But it's best they meet where the SG wire comes into the board (the via hole for the 1/8 jack or wire from RCA's). Pin 8 & 9 should not be connected near each other.

The SG should run from it's input to pin 9, and not be mixed with PG to get there. PG then can be a copper pour underneath whatever it'll fit under and connect to pin 8.

It will take some work, because that layout isn't very close.
So imagine this "what if": I do a mounting of all the components and a simple LM317 based regulated PS on perfboard with P2P wiring. I have a copper sheet at the bottom of the whole board separated from the board by some insulating material and it's acting as a ground plane. SG is connected to pin 9 AND also connects to the copper sheet. PG connects to the copper sheet and also connects to pin 8. Will this work? I think XRK did this ground plane thing in one P2P implementation of a PS - am not sure.

So imagine this "what if": I do a mounting of all the components and a simple LM317 based regulated PS on perfboard with P2P wiring. I have a copper sheet at the bottom of the whole board separated from the board by some insulating material and it's acting as a ground plane. SG is connected to pin 9 AND also connects to the copper sheet. PG connects to the copper sheet and also connects to pin 8. Will this work? I think XRK did this ground plane thing in one P2P implementation of a PS - am not sure.

That should work.

I thought there was a post listing a couple Bourns replacement pots but I can’t find it now. Could someone recomend one with pins that will match the original ones. I am finding that all these amps have a hum that seems related to the pot. There is a hum and when I touch the knob it gets louder.

I thought there was a post listing a couple Bourns replacement pots but I can’t find it now. Could someone recomend one with pins that will match the original ones. I am finding that all these amps have a hum that seems related to the pot. There is a hum and when I touch the knob it gets louder.

Have you got a ground loop between source and amp?