Yet another MEH Synergy project

Great to see how much fun you're having!
Syn/unity club rocks, huh?
Yes Mark!
The more drivers I add the more they rock 😂

I had a measure and a tweak last night.
Wasn't much to get the SPL balanced new loaded left V right.

I didn't have time to do a full phase review but that is next on the agenda.

Unfortunately the UK is out of the closed back 5" drivers I'm using.
Have to wait until August it seems to do the right hand cab.

There are 6 in France at TLHP...
Don't know them as a supplier though.

Fun just began))). It's interesting to see 2-way Synergy with Kappa 12A and Vitavox cross around 700Hz.

They are drivers I used in the evolution of my 5 way system, before the Synergy odyssey.

I do have 3 way though..

I really like the sound of the the drivers for hifi use.
Chose them carefully.

The S2s just kill the BMS 4550 in every department tonally.
Don't play as high but I can live with that, augmenting with the Raal Lazy Ribbons as before.

I don't think I could ever go back to what I'll call disparate horns with large distances between the centres/point sources.
Don't care how good the drivers or horns are.
My room is not large enough for an auditorium sort of config.

Before I listened to excellent drivers on great horns and it was like listening to individual performances (sort of best way to describe a large multi way system).
It had it's appeal, but it was not like listening to a combined performance, each sound and instrument still shines on e Synergy's and sounds amazing but there is the coherency lacking in multi systems I've heard.

The this effect🙂

Screenshot_20240702_125350_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Right, let's try with TLHP again!

Reactions: 1 users
The LF in your multiple entry horn is bass reflex.
Adding damping material reduces the low frequency output of a bass reflex enclosure.
The usual procedure in a bass reflex cabinet is to put damping material on surfaces that may reflect out-of phase upper band output through the bass reflect ports.

Since the upper pass band of your 12" tops out ~400Hz, damping material won't be effective, or required.