100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

hello sit that is actually a change I did to the file myself from mister Willy I do have the files gerbers and Sprint file if want too I'll attached them here :)

Is the pcb tested to work ?
the parts are changed, not able to follow the layout vs the AX11 schematic listed in the apex directory thread.
do you have updated schematic ?
thanks.

Attachments

• overload upc1237.png
    overload upc1237.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,488
Last edited:
upc1237 does not have built-in OCP, as they say, due to patent reasons, you have to add external ckts to sense the V across the emitter R or other means to determine a OC condition and then drive pin 1, past 0.67V to de-energize the relay.
For an example look at the way they did it on a Sansui G-7500 but they used a HA12002 part instead. Or use the Pioneer protection ckts as an example.

upc1237 does not have built-in OCP, as they say, due to patent reasons, you have to add external ckts to sense the V across the emitter R or other means to determine a OC condition and then drive pin 1, past 0.67V to de-energize the relay.
For an example look at the way they did it on a Sansui G-7500 but they used a HA12002 part instead. Or use the Pioneer protection ckts as an example.
Thanks for your reply, but what i wanted know was if original APEX OCP can be used in as is condition or with suitable mods so that its suitable for UPC1237. see my quoted text in #9323 refering to Mr. Mile's original post # 200 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...timate-fidelity-amplifier-20.html#post2235618

NX16 looks as if it will work, with the upc1237
it provides a +V into a load referenced to ground.
upc1237-pin1 max current is 3mA, so you have to choose R31 to meet this requirement. 0.67V to turn it on.
If the supply is +45V then 45V/3mA=15K min, 47K as shown, would work.
If Id = 6A, it is enough to turn on Q15, which then turns on Q16
Makes you wonder why NEC could not show the same ckt as in NX16?
It would be nice to modify the NX16 ckt so that if F2 blows it also turns on Q16 as well. Q16 and the other passives would have to be live side of the F2.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, I'm not an expert or circuit designer :) I only try to do my best way possible I will leave the files here it came out too big but is better because the traces are a bit thicker than what I usually do that is 1.5 mm this are 1.75 to 1.80 mm I have already simulated and it came out 1.5Vp on the output please if some one see an error let me know :cool:

Regards
Juan

For the PCB layout that you have given. Do i need to mirror it before printing it on toner transfer paper ?

PCB Foil

Component Layout

Schematic -
471851d1426443105-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier-apex-fet-preamp.jpg

Last edited: