100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Attachments

• APEX FA9.JPG
    APEX FA9.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 1,389
  • APEX FA9 PCB.JPG
    APEX FA9 PCB.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,375
Hi, what can I say? I listened 10 minutes to the music, then it was too hot. The heat sink was too small (0.9 K / W), or I should have set a lower current.
Anyway. A new set of fets and everything goes again :)

Thanks to Mile for a nice amplifier!

regards Olaf

Heat sink is too small... use some fan if you want to do more tests. Heat sink must be minimum 3x larger than your.

Yes everything correct. But I like the little IRF's. They have a very nice sound. And so what! It was clear that the heat sink was too small, but I'd like to build a Class-A amplifier at first time. I will get bigger heat sinks and build a nice housing.
Main feature, the circuit works!

regards Olaf

Yes everything correct. But I like the little IRF's. They have a very nice sound. And so what! It was clear that the heat sink was too small, but I'd like to build a Class-A amplifier at first time. I will get bigger heat sinks and build a nice housing.
Main feature, the circuit works!

regards Olaf

IRF540 is little TO220 but 100V 28A 150W, compare to IRFP240 in TO247 with 200V 20A 150W.
AA9 and FA9 is new reference in diy class A amplifiers.
Regards

Hi, I want to build a 5.1 channel amplifier kit using this amplifier design. Six amplifiers will work together to feed my speakers mainly with 4 to 6 Ohm resistance. I decided to separate the PSU from the box which these amplifiers will fit in and make another isolated box for PSU. I have searched for best well-priced transformers and found Vigortronix-146-1000-250(1000VA-2x50V) is suitable for me. This transformer and rectifier unit including all capacitors, diodes,... will take place in their specified PSU box and the outputs for each channel will be connected through shielded cables to amplifiers PCB containing box. I do not have enough information to design my own switching kit and my question is about how can I feed six of these amplifiers with separated output/input for each of them? Should I use 6 different PCBs or can anyone help me build a single rail output? And my other request is:"Does anyone have Gerber file for this amplifier design?" I want to order manufactured PCB instead of making them by myself. Excuse me for writing and asking too much. Regards.

IRF540 is little TO220 but 100V 28A 150W, compare to IRFP240 in TO247 with 200V 20A 150W.
AA9 and FA9 is new reference in diy class A amplifiers.
Regards

Unfortunately, specs quoted are of little relevance when these transistors are used in audio circuits. In fact, IRF540 fails frequently even in low power AB class circuits if Vbe multiplier is not implemented. Big heatsink is necessary!