5th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2008

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
guys, i am deeply regretted to say something has come up that caused me to cancel my trip this weekend. i know these kind of events are critical to my learning curve and am a bit sick i can't make this one. hopefully RAW will have another meet this fall and some of you will be there.
ask leadbelly if anybody in alberta wants to get together sometime, maybe in calgary? i seem to be there several times a year and it's easier to get to than the lower mainland or island.

remember me when your smokin salmon

blue934

blue934 said:
ask leadbelly if anybody in alberta wants to get together sometime, maybe in calgary?

paulb said:
I know a few that would be interested.

There's been talk of a Calgary event over the years, but no one's really pushed hard for one. I don't really have the resources to organize the all-encompassing event that happens at Dave's with tenting and meals and sponsors, but I am happy to do something to spark it off like rent a community hall in Calgary. I can rent the hall in Tuscany where I live, but this is not very central.

I've got a HS reunion tomorrow, which has been in the books for some time. Boy, can those HS people get clingy! "Puhlleeaze come! It'll be soooo much fun!" Otherwise I'd be making it out to this event. I know I'll be walking around at the reunion, gazing off into the distance, getting all aloof, and no doubt silently cursing the music that will be blaring on some. . . well, I don't even want to think about that! Oh well. . . Next year I think I'd even have something cool to bring with me. Hard to justify a trip to the island just to visit Planet10 (really want to check out the DIY speakers), given the BC ferries waiting lines, and prices, but with a big group meeting, it's just the thing to get me out of the house.

It's turning out to be a very nice Friday here weather wise in the Lower Mainland -- so hopefully have a great weekend, everybody!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Brian and I will be coming across on the 8:30 AM ferry out of Port Angeles. That means an early start from Kitsap county.

We are going to bring a few goodies, including a door prize. =) We will drag along 2 DACs of my design, one with Bud Purvine's custom transformers to listen to. And a modified Trends T-Amp to put thru its paces.

The door prize will be a modified (by my hand) Yulong T-Amp. New caps, inductors and connectors. Could be a nice door prize, or maybe a door stop, who knows?

See y'all there!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.