5th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2008

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cal Weldon said:
I think we'll get along just fine you and me. Let's see what's in the cooler when it arrives.

Sounds like we might...see you there...

my Dad bought me my first pint at the local nearby...first drunk, first sight of freckles below the neck (buxom, redheaded, fair-skinned lass pulling the pints), first real crush...when she bent to retrieve another pint to fill, I nearly fell off my stool...ahhh, memories...er, maybe that should read mammaries...

R

only things that I remember from my 70's visit to Maui are a gal named Donna with beautiful, wavy brown hair and a smile to die for and something that rhymes with maui...

The curved Harveys...

are actually going to make it this year.

Here's a teaser.

Attachments

• curved harvey 01.jpg
    curved harvey 01.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 309
OOOOOH nice indeed...... but.... you will want to make sure your drivers catch the spotted pox before they leave the 10th planet hmmmmmm? Be a convocation of carriers of this disease on hand....

On another note, does anyone know if Ringness beer is imported (from Norway or Finland or some other barbarous location) into Canada, and all the way across to the island empire? The stuff should be included in any hops shoot out, if we can find it.

Bud

Dave. Bud, thank you.

Dave, I'll e-mail some photos after the weekend when I have time to get some decent ones.

Bud, it could take an entire weekend just to sample one's way through the local brewers wares. I recommend the brews from Phillips (the ones with the caution on the cap that reads "Remove cap before drinking" :D ), and those from Canoe Club and Swan's - two local brew pubs.

Regards.

Aengus

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
BudP said:
OOOOOH nice indeed...... but.... you will want to make sure your drivers catch the spotted pox before they leave the 10th planet hmmmmmm? Be a convocation of carriers of this disease on hand....

Aengus & i have already discussed that. He wants to get a handle on where they are nowso that he has a ref to what the spots do....

dave

cheaper than driving for one person

Might be cheaper than driving for two persons also - don't forget to factor in the ferry fares. $43 each way for the vehicle, plus $13 each passenger, so (for two) $69 each way. Add in gas and depreciation...

But sightseeing would be good as well, and it's a nice ferry ride if you don't have to do it too often.

Regards.

Aengus

[edit] Whoops, I overlooked the "fuel surcharge". Add another $6.65.

Hey, my plans have changed, since the buddy whose place I planned to crash at on the Fri night is out of town that weekend. So, is anybody driving from Van to Dave's on the Fri night with an empty seat? Or else I will just stay at a hotel in Van and come as planned with Cal on Sat morning.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
leadbelly said:
Hey, my plans have changed, since the buddy whose place I planned to crash at on the Fri night is out of town that weekend. So, is anybody driving from Van to Dave's on the Fri night with an empty seat? Or else I will just stay at a hotel in Van and come as planned with Cal on Sat morning.

If you ask Cal nicely, he may well have a couch you can borrow (and from personal experience a comfortable one)

dave

There is a bed & breakfast nearby that people have enjoyed staying at, and a new hotel, that is almost open that is even closer.

Can you give us the name/phone of the Hotel?
Looks like the Blue Ridge Inn in Victoria is quite near & competitive?

Also, the Anacortes-Sidney ferry looks quite long. Is it better to take the Port Angeles-Victoria ferry instead?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.