A tweeter choice Yet, advices needed!

Yes, that's what wg300 was designed for.
It has the protruding part, to accommodate non-flat faceplaces

wg300.PNG

If anyone is curious, FF can be removed from the Morel CAT378. It sounds less veiled without it (as expected) and picks up almost a single dB in sensitivity. You won't have that forgiving low end dampening as before, but its still a very durable tweeter used at lower xover.

• Thank You
Reactions: 3 users
Not yet,

I have purchased the 22 TAC/G I am curious about. I have in stock the Vifa BC25TG Peereless made (some remove the FF in this one too). SB26CAC is on the list for a WG experience as well according what design is chosen (hesitation between W MTM, W MMT and classic WMT but at the price of a too much low sensivity. But I have no time for hifi these days.

Sica LP110, I heard this tweeter and measured FRs + off axis in one project, not mine. I have to say I was pleased with the trebles quality, I would not hesitate to recommend this tweeter. But, yes, the consistency is not great, Dibirama measurements whos some issue at ~8kHz, my measurement at ~16kHz. It is what I have seen at Sica coaxials tweeters.

I believe I will end to save some monney and ending with something like the aircirc 66000 . I do want something with resolution and articulation. I do not know yet if I can get close from the old B&W fabric tweeter I liked for the articulation and with enough resolution like the hardome for the brass of jazzband. But perhaps I am mistaking myself. That's why I have the 22 TAC/G, because I found it measures a ittle like a Be material. All of that is theoric for the moment.

I have to layout the others voices : Faital 12PR320 and the two (or one) NE-149W-08

Joined 2005
Paid Member
No, I dont have the 27tac, sadly. Point was that it should be entirely possible

@diyiggy , what did you choose in the end?

Grill removed. Reveals a ~1mm deep circular trench, to which grill was glued.

IMG_1995.jpeg
I suspect that circular trench is what is responsible for the dip at 20KHz. Furthermore the faceplate is not completely flat, and the VC is integrated onto it, like other plastic faceplated SEAS tweeters, as @profiguy and @5th element surmised.

IMG_1976.jpeg

And I can confirm that the WG148R leaves a big gap due to both the circular trench that the grill goes into, as well as the non-flat faceplate.

The WG300 may be adaptable, or a custom WG, of course. But It's a low priority for me at this stage,