A tweeter choice Yet, advices needed!

T25A then? lol

t25a-6_315mm_2v_hpf2-800.png

H3 at -85dB from 2.5khz?? That's no laughing matter actually...

Alright, here's what I'm thinking...
I've always been curious about:
Morel Supreme ST728 or TSCT1044
SS D3004/604010 or R3004/602010 or R2904/700000
Misco BDT 2901
Visaton KE25SC
Seas T29MF01
Bliessma (in general)

I already have:
Seas 27TAC/GB
SS D3004/6000
Bozhen CQ76B
AC AST2560
Dayton AMT1-4
Visaton MHT12
TLabs N26MGR-G
Morel CAT378
TB 25-1743S
HiVi RT1.3

I've only used some of the above, but plan for the rest.

Does that answer the question?

I have not used the AirCirc yet. I have heard it prior though and wanted a set for quite awhile. Planning for Usher 8948 drivers with the Air Circs at the moment.
Planning Rev7-4 with the Bozhens, ought to be a dynamic combo.
The N26 are in my Cecropia Supremes, and are the most transparent design I've done. The TLabs are however higher in second order than the 27TAC, EVEN IF lower in 3rd. Used correctly, I think either is top notch, but theTLabs are now NLA.
I used the 27TAC with 830991 and U18 woofers. They are very good midbasses too. My 2 builds with the TAC really sound great to me for much less cash outlay than the Cec Sup.

1- 2.5 way was not warranted due to the low xover point, and the short CTC due to 5.25" woofers. There was no benefit to the extra copper.
2- MTM would have required the cabinet be taller to get the tweeter height right due to the response pattern MTM arrangements have. One goal was to make them short and diminutive and pack a wallop in performance for the price.
Jeff's Solstice and Testarossas are not 2.5way either, so my plan was in good company.

I've designed about 4 projects now with the design axis being above the tweeter and the response being tailored to that increasing angle. It seems to work really well and yield great results.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Wolf, I know this is a non sense question, but say cut off at 2k hz how would you rate or compare the cat378 wave guided to the AST2560, please ?

@duvixan : could we stay on topic or maybe you can open your own thread ? I have a limited budget and trade offs that are listed on the first post; bis repetita !

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Reactions: 1 users
I have hard time to know if the Harwood that is sold in Germany is the clone of the ATS sold in USA ?!

It's maybe not a bad idea to put a planar tweeter in a MTM, if the goal is to focus in the soil and ceilling reflexion that is here between 2.5 and 2.7 meters for most homes.

But I am more and more considering the floor, front wall behind the speaker and ceilling as a horn I would make more or less same distant circa from the front baffle and mid/tweet are. Heigth vis à vis of the ears is staying a problem as often 80/90 cm heigth which is the heigth of the ears in a sofa or living room chair.

Well a little of tilting and a MTM maybe can help. Ok planars are less confortable for the sweet spot... one musr choose between seated or not, I assume.

... indeed.
I would had chose the 27TAC/GB, but it is non hornable to increase the too much low sensivity for my needs, see post 1.

I have to check how the sb26cdc increase sensivity in augerpro 's 5" wave-guide. On the fabric tweeter family I think I try the Morel Cat378, maybe w/o FF as certainly the Fs peak should be tamed as watched ampslab tests. Wavecore TA30W12 could have been a choice also as maybe more modern than the Morel but its price being twice than the Morel, I prefer try one cheap metal and the Morel.

That's here I am thanks to the inputs of members... for the moment.

Last edited: