Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I made it look like it's corrected :)
- It's not so simple and I wouldn't say it's actually "corrected". Part of it is due to a wider throat angle - the sandhorn is simulated for a driver with 30° exit section (HF108). The other examples were for 0°.

This is the #80 shown earlier, for 0° and 30° throat angles. It's different but not necessarily better. In the end, all above 15 kHz depends on a particular driver very strongly so this is all academic anyway.

Attachments

• NR80_0deg.png
    NR80_0deg.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 252
  • NR80_30deg.png
    NR80_30deg.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 257
Finallly, I have an automatic optimization framework ready (Ath+ABEC+AutoIt) - with an axisymmetric device I'm able to get to 20 seconds per iteration.

Sample of 100 results: ATH - Advanced Transition Horns - Gallery

(any of them available on request :))

Good job!

With the python script I made last year it was around 90 seconds with an i3 cpu, and the computer couldn't be touched while running :D

Joined 2004
Paid Member
... Do I do this from the same distance as before, which was about 1 meter from throat.
If your waveguide is the one I sent Jacek sometime in March (⌀600 mm), this should be the result. Based on the previous experience this should match the reality quite well. I would be surprised if it didn't.

attachment.php

Attachments

• faital-big-1.png
    faital-big-1.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
BTW, this is the effect of a measurement distance - the same device observed/"measured" at 0.5, 1, 2 and 4 meters from the throat.

- You don't have to worry too much about the mic distance, at least not in this case.

Attachments

• faital-big_0.5m.png
    faital-big_0.5m.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 84
  • faital-big_1m.png
    faital-big_1m.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 87
  • faital-big_2m.png
    faital-big_2m.png
    117 KB · Views: 72
  • faital-big_4m.png
    faital-big_4m.png