Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Even if not immediately obvious from the profile itself, I think this would be already noticeably worse (someone may try): https://www.desmos.com/calculator/zgj3wc5thq

View attachment 1030632
R-OSSE.png

Dear Mabat.... I seek to design a waveguide for the Axi2050.... I think that a text book constant DI OS waveguide is where its at for me? You guys, here, did discuss the axi2050 for a period of time....I was wondering did you come to any conclusions as to which Profile might be best for the Axi?

I think that I could aim for a 18-20" diameter and be ok crossing to my 15" where ever the polar allowed. Is it that simple?

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Dear Mabat.... I seek to design a waveguide for the Axi2050.... I think that a text book constant DI OS waveguide is where its at for me? You guys, here, did discuss the axi2050 for a period of time....I was wondering did you come to any conclusions as to which Profile might be best for the Axi?

I think that I could aim for a 18-20" diameter and be ok crossing to my 15" where ever the polar allowed. Is it that simple?
how low do you want the AXI2050 to go? you may want to consider a diffraction slot if <500Hz to increase low frequency loading. Both the 'big red horn' and ME464 use one to achieve 'compact' wide band performance.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice sims. Wish that I had that kind of capability back-in-the-day ...

Would the sound reflecting from an arbitrary shaped surface, but as single one directional sines (polar response and with a reasonable depth/lambda?) be possible in the apps that you use? I had that question in my mind from a TV show with a contoured wall. Wondered about it acoustically.